How do I start enjoying seafood?

I have an admittedly unreasonable dislike of seafood. For my entire life (I'm 29) I have hated even the idea of eating anything seafood related, whether its fish or shrimp or lobster or anything else from water based sources, with the exception of canned tuna fish. However, I have absolutely no idea WHY I... show more I have an admittedly unreasonable dislike of seafood. For my entire life (I'm 29) I have hated even the idea of eating anything seafood related, whether its fish or shrimp or lobster or anything else from water based sources, with the exception of canned tuna fish.

However, I have absolutely no idea WHY I dislike seafood. So, I'm hoping I might get a few ideas on some dishes I can prepare that taste good, and would help me in getting over this unreasonable distaste. Keep in mind I have, generally, a very typically American taste for food.

If you have any ideas, please answer with accompanying detailed recipe, and recommendations for side dishes. Again, would prefer to keep it relatively simple and not entirely expensive :)

Thanks
6 answers 6