My wife wants to eat her placenta. Is it ok if she is vegan?

So my wife is 32 weeks in and has decided that she wants to eat her placenta. I know it sounds gross and weird but a lot of animals do it (even herbivores) and she did some research and found it help with postpartum depression. I'm just wondering if it is ok for her to eat it because we are vegan and well, it's... show more So my wife is 32 weeks in and has decided that she wants to eat her placenta. I know it sounds gross and weird but a lot of animals do it (even herbivores) and she did some research and found it help with postpartum depression.

I'm just wondering if it is ok for her to eat it because we are vegan and well, it's meat.
Update: Thank you for your input, but I would really like to know if it would be un-vegan of her? I mean, you swallow yourown blood when you cut your tongue, this is just much bigger. Is it ok for a vegan to eat it if it came from her own body? What about tasting her own breast milk?
Update 2: Please don't judge me or my wife, you don't like it when people are nasty to you. Sh just believes it's a natural thing to do. Will she get sick even if it's just from her own body? I've been vegan for 6 years and she became vegan when we started dating (she was a veggie for a year before).... show more Please don't judge me or my wife, you don't like it when people are nasty to you. Sh just believes it's a natural thing to do.

Will she get sick even if it's just from her own body? I've been vegan for 6 years and she became vegan when we started dating (she was a veggie for a year before). I could probably convince her not to do it, as I'm not all that keen on the idea. But what about breast milk? Will that also make her sick if she tastes it?