I caught my son having sex with a guy and I think he might be gay. Is there a definitive way I can tell?

This could be a phase. Is there a way I could find out if he's gay? He's only 19.

Favorite Answer

Yup. Ask him. He's 19, he ought to know.

at 19, it's probably not a phase. if he's having sex with guys there is a huge change he is gay. just ask him, say that you will love him anyway and that you want him to be happy. also, he's probably pretty embarrassed that he was caught having sex, so be nice.

• Donnie

Daniel..if ur son is gay...it's non of ur business...would it different if u caught him having sex with a girl??? dang dude...he's 19 not 12 and he knows what he is...i knew i was gay when i was like 9. Ur son is G A Y....love him no matter what...love is unconditional. But u probably knew that.

I would say he is no less than Bi, if not absolutely gay. I think you already have your answer. If this question is for real, a parent unless blind, deaf, and dumb knows well in advance of their child knowing. A Mother always knows but then again you could be one of those absent parents that never pays attention to their child.

Source(s): My life.

The only way you will find out is by asking him. That is assuming he wants to tell you and if he knows himself. He might be experimenting, be bisexual or gay. At the end of the day, you either accept it and show your support, or you don't. YOUR choice. AND possibly, YOUR loss.

• typically when a man is having sex with another man it is probably safe to say that man is gay. But who knows maybe he was just doing it for attention or even better because he wanted to get back at his parents.

Source(s): Just my 2 cents which is only 98 away from the buck!

phases are at 16 hes either gay or bi, just ask, it'll make you closer if anything. if he knows you caught him having sex then he must be freaked out so act quick

19 and having sex with a guy . Might be is not the word my friend . Is is the word .

You got your answer when you saw what he was doing . Unless your blind as a bat and need glasses .

If he was having sex with a guy then i think that pretty much answers your question. Just sit him down and subtlety ask him if he is gay, and keep an open mind.

yes, go check his room while hes not home and snoop through his things if you find anything gay then that will fuel your efforts, after you do that look at his computer history and see what sites hes looking at...thennnn while he is asleep snoop though his text messages in his phone to see if hes messaging any guys.... these ways usually always work but it would be better just to ask and tell him straight up what you saw and that you know.

By 19 he should know his orientation. he IS gay or bi. I knew I was gay. At 15