What advice would you give to start-up company?

I'm writing an e-book for startups and looking for those hints and tips that you wish someone had told you when you started out - it could be about anything to do wiht business - websites, marketing, sales, law, legislation, presenting, planning,m R&R - anything. All contributors will be credited and... show more I'm writing an e-book for startups and looking for those hints and tips that you wish someone had told you when you started out - it could be about anything to do wiht business - websites, marketing, sales, law, legislation, presenting, planning,m R&R - anything.

All contributors will be credited and promoted with the book, which will be given away for free.
Update: I could write this on my own, but would like to use the opportunity to promote other small businesses at the same time, therefore creating a win-win situation. Doing it like this also means that others can give it away for free as it isn't just promoting one company.