Will the person who killed my cat in St Petersburg, Florida ever be found?

In April 2008 my cat was beaten by some monster. She died the next day. We had witnesses and it had a lot of publicity in the media. I thought that the humanity of the people there meant that the killer would be quickly apprehended. My hopes were dashed. Was my faith in the people of St Petersburg, FL misplaced?... show more In April 2008 my cat was beaten by some monster. She died the next day. We had witnesses and it had a lot of publicity in the media. I thought that the humanity of the people there meant that the killer would be quickly apprehended. My hopes were dashed. Was my faith in the people of St Petersburg, FL misplaced? The statute of limitations is approaching and it would be good to know that there is one honest person with a sense of justice in that city who is willing to stand up and identify the killer. He was a 6 feet tall skinny black man in late teens to early 20s, probably now mid 20s, and he had a dachshund on a leash with him. You can learn more at my web site whokilledamy.com.
Update: I took my cat into the front yard when I was doing some gardening. I went inside and she refused to come in, so I left her for 10 minutes. If you are going to be one semi-illiterates like Clockwork Knight who apparently was not there on the day and saw nothing, and are going to be criticizing me and defending the... show more I took my cat into the front yard when I was doing some gardening. I went inside and she refused to come in, so I left her for 10 minutes. If you are going to be one semi-illiterates like Clockwork Knight who apparently was not there on the day and saw nothing, and are going to be criticizing me and defending the bad guys, please don't post a response. FYI, it is people like the killer and Clockwork Knight who become the kidnappers and child abusers. It is well known that animal abuse and indifference to pain are precursors to other violent activity.
Update 2: Thanks to Michele the Louis Wain cat for such a detailed and sympathetic response. I'd probably choose this as the best answer if required to choose right now.