Why are people so accepting and tolerant over adolescents dating older men nowadays?

I've seen sooo many teenagers in these YA forums saying things like: * I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 25 and my parents are trying to split us up. What do I do? * I'm 15 years old, so is it okay if my boyfriend is 23? Or * I'm 16 years old. How can I get my mother to accept my 30 year old... show more I've seen sooo many teenagers in these YA forums saying things like:

* I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 25 and my parents are trying to split us up. What do I do?

* I'm 15 years old, so is it okay if my boyfriend is 23?

Or

* I'm 16 years old. How can I get my mother to accept my 30 year old boyfriend?

What I don't get is that oftentimes people will give these young girls TERRIBLE advice encouraging them that there's nothing wrong with dating a man that's MUCH older than they are.

I seem to be one of the only ones on YA who will jump in and tells these girls that they're making a HUGE mistake.

Has anyone else noticed this? Why don't people think these types of things are a big deal anymore?