Will are 5 year old dog be Ok alone for a weekend?

We need to take a train trip this weekend and dogs cannot go on trains. We just moved to another state and have nobody here to check on him. He hates other dogs and bites other dogs, he is fine with people and kids, but hates other dogs, we do not know why this is. If we leave him lots of food and water and do not... show more We need to take a train trip this weekend and dogs cannot go on trains. We just moved to another state and have nobody here to check on him. He hates other dogs and bites other dogs, he is fine with people and kids, but hates other dogs, we do not know why this is. If we leave him lots of food and water and do not punish him for going on the floor and just clean it up when we get home, do you think he'll be Ok? I hate to leave him in a kennel b/c he hates other dogs and he might get too distressed or even bite one of the other dogs, I don't know how kennels work really, we never had to use one as we have never been in this situation before.
Update: we would leave the ac on for him too!
Update 2: Because we are leaving Thursday night and just moved from out of state, we are returning Saturday, we know nobody here yet and my BIL died in car accident and we need to go and be my family right now and have not enough for plane tickets as we just paid rent, a plane we could take the dog and we have in the past,... show more Because we are leaving Thursday night and just moved from out of state, we are returning Saturday, we know nobody here yet and my BIL died in car accident and we need to go and be my family right now and have not enough for plane tickets as we just paid rent, a plane we could take the dog and we have in the past, so we are taking the trian which costs the same for 4 people as one plane ticket cost but will not allow dogs. Please this is quite an upsetting time already and I need advice not judgements, this was very sudden and we have never been in this situation before, he is not a puppy he is a full grown dog and would not be in a cage, we do not use cages, and would have free range of the house. He pees in the house anyway even if we go away for an hour, so our little green machine cleaner gets used a lot anyway.And we own a Bissel full carpet cleaner we could use when we get home. How do you find a sitter or a kennel in the first place, we never needed one.
Update 3: No actually our dog usually does not eat any of the dry food unless he hets really hungry, he holds out for the organic canned food he gets in the evening, but seriously it is only 2 nights and one day, and my kids are quite smart, we are leaving him here and my husband is going to have a coworker come and check on... show more No actually our dog usually does not eat any of the dry food unless he hets really hungry, he holds out for the organic canned food he gets in the evening, but seriously it is only 2 nights and one day, and my kids are quite smart, we are leaving him here and my husband is going to have a coworker come and check on him, but he will still pee on the floor and poop, he does this even if we go to the grocery store! We are quite used to it.
Update 4: At leat he always uses the same rug!
Update 5: It is a throw rug, he is the size of a cat actually, he acts a lot like a cat really.
Update 6: We both agree that he would be more distressed away from home and my MIL said the kennel gave her dog kennel cough and she was sick for days, he will be checked on and walked twice a day anyway. Thanks for the hotel advice and we get right on making some contacts in the future, we move every 6 months so it can be... show more We both agree that he would be more distressed away from home and my MIL said the kennel gave her dog kennel cough and she was sick for days, he will be checked on and walked twice a day anyway. Thanks for the hotel advice and we get right on making some contacts in the future, we move every 6 months so it can be hard, and finding the kids new doctors and this time me a new OB as I am 8 months pregnant and a person to call if I went into labor all was a bit more pressing than finding the dog a sitter. But I realize our life is very differqant than most who are settled.