Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Please explain how Obama get so extremely popular all of a sudden. How did he manage it so extremely fast?

its unbelievable!

He came to my university 2 years back and nobody was interested in seeing him. The audience was very small and even i felt that its no use to see his speech and so i skipped it.

But if he visits my university again, I would want to see him.

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you know the diverse group of people with all levels of educated and professional life, you'd be impressed. Believe you me, Obama is not only being supported by young college voters, as some of the media would have the Public believe. He's also being supported by the working rich and famous citizens who believe in bringing change to this nation and free it from the corruption that's hurting America. It's better to have preventative measures and destroy all the loopholes for corruption, than to try to cure situations after corruption has occured.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Because the country is tired and fed up with the usual crowd of "Washington insiders". Obama is charismatic and he brings a fresh perspective to the table. And this is the first time that there has ever been a candidate who closely resembles the American People. He comes from a multi-cultural family (his sister is half asian), he was raised by a single mother until she remarried. He worked his way up without the benefit of the usual rich family or trust fund. Lots of average Americans can relate to Obama because he's mostly just a regular guy.

BTW, Clinton (Bill) got elected the first time because he was viewed as sort of a "regular guy". Hillary on the other hand is making the mistake of promoting the fact that she's a Washington insider.

• 1 decade ago

This is a free-thinking election. I get the feeling that everyone is worried because no one really liked any of the front runners. With everything going on right now, people started doing their homework, and when they lined up everything, Obama just stands out above the rest. Some people say he is inexperienced, but I think that is a plus because he has not yet been tainted by the "Politics-As-Usual" of D.C. Plus, as young as he is, he has made good choices time and time again, and has a great voting record for a lot of important issues americans are worried about. In any free-thinking or idealistic mind, I think the buck really stops with Obama. In the end though I really have to be thankful for Bush, and the Republicans, because without you people to mess this country up, none of this would have been possible.

• 1 decade ago

I think he is perfectly in tune with the mood of the country, so people are resonating with him like a tuning fork. After 9/11, the country really did come together, and people WANTED to work hard to make a difference in the country. Bush told us to leave the problem to the professionals and go shopping. Obama tells us we need a big change, and we all have to be part of that, working hard and sacrificing and committing ourselves. So I think he is tapping into that frustrated desire for unity and patriotism & commitment & hard work that 9/11 evoked but that found no outlet (except for those who joined the military). People are working their hearts out for his campaign, and loving it. In a recent speech, he got his biggest applause not when he told college students they would get a $4000 tuition support, but when he told them they would have to work hard at community service in exchange. It's a new version of JFK's "what you can do for your country."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is the new kid on the block politically speaking and has not been around long enough to p*ss off a lot of voters yet.

Give him a few years to show what he is really like (another lying scheming politician) and see what happens to his ratings then.

• 1 decade ago

Oprah

• 1 decade ago

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/fashion/20speech...

Who won't with Corporate America's backing? Giant Media, PACs, special interests and lobbyists. They filled all his campaign fund endlessly.

• 1 decade ago

the same reason people flocked to see Jim Jones sheep mentality when you have popular Media outlets like rolling stones,Vibe,BET,MTV telling you how to vote it is young impressionable and not fully developed minds that are taking the bait .The media made obama cool just like the fellas on Jackass P.diddy or whatever his name is now says vote or die!man did he write that himself? no wonder hes a star!

• 1 decade ago

Permanent Campaign Managers Doing their work .

• 1 decade ago

I think it is a combination of his seemly "new" prospective and Billary's stale prospective as it relates to the establishment. Obama is relatively new, and therefore supposedly uncorrupted by, the Washington status quo. Billary is the epitomy of the Washington insider - having her lying (and caught), cheating (and caught), husband on her side does nothing to disuade this appearance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.