Ok so he hates/likes me HELP! ?

He acts like hates me half of the time but the other day in class my best friend saved me a seat next to her with my stuff because i had to run to my locker at this guy Aaron comes in moves my stuff to the desk next to the one saved for me and my friends like um that's Katie's stuff... he said "i know" so she said... show more He acts like hates me half of the time but the other day in class my best friend saved me a seat next to her with my stuff because i had to run to my locker at this guy Aaron comes in moves my stuff to the desk next to the one saved for me and my friends like um that's Katie's stuff... he said "i know" so she said " i was saving the seat for her..." and he said "but i wanna sit next to katie" she said he sounded super serious and he's usually not one to joke i kinda like him but im confused because when he's with his friends he's a jerk to me so what does all this mean?
Update: Oh and most girls really like him because he's really cute he's also super popular im kinda popular not as popular as him maybe a level lower or 2 than him
Update 2: Names have been changed...