Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

In your own opinion What is your key to success Education or Attitude?

Our class just had a debate regarding this topic.... and wheww... that was an interesting argument......

Favorite Answer

In order for the question to make sense you have to assume that education and attitude are distinct and separate aspects of success, which I do not believe to be true. To me education is fundamentally more about the development of attitudes than it is about the delivery of units of knowledge, skills and information. Therefore my answer to the question as it was asked is both, but a more interesting question is which is more important knowledge, skills and information or attitude.

I put attitude before the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and information because with the appropriate attitude you can always acquire more knowledge, skills, and information. On the other hand just having knowledge, skills, and information does absolutely no good if your attitude is one that prevents you from dealing effectively with reality.

For example take the dogmatic approaches to religion and science that are on opposite extremes of the creationism versus the big bang debate over the origins of the universe. Both sides are mired in attitudes that prevent them from acting with respect for the other people's point of view. The reality is that no one alive today can ever have any direct proof of anything that occurred that long ago, therefore it is ridiculous to destroy your own reputation and possibly the reputations of your opponents through nasty debates over something that no one can answer definitively one way or another.

For me, it's attitude first, always. Once you get your attitude straight then you can always get whatever you need to succeed after that.

Source(s): My website: www.teach-kids-attitude-1st.com
  • Daisy

without education it is very very hard to succeed...the road is not paved for you...however if you don't have a good attitude about things...nothing will happen for you...i would have liked to hear the debate...sounds very interesting and you have me fighting my own self at the moment...lol

• Erika

in spite of if coaching is the main to fulfillment relies upon on your definition of "fulfillment." in the journey that your definition of "fulfillment" is in simple terms to make sufficient funds to place food on your table and a roof over your head, improve a kinfolk, and enable them to do it yet back, then you definately're precise: coaching is profoundly pointless. in the journey that your definition of "fulfillment" is to bypass civilization forward by way of making some form of scientific or technological or cultural or innovative improve, then coaching is serious. in the journey that your definition of "fulfillment" is to stay an examined existence, having given real theory to comparing important philosophies and to viewing the international by way of greater suitable than the narrow lens of your individual concept, then coaching is serious.

Education and skill.

ohhh....a very nice question...just simply think of it....PERSEVERANCE + INTELLIGENCE = SUCCESS, no one will ever succeed if he/ she has the intelligence but doesn't have the attitude to work on it.......very simple....:)

both.