Clogged digestive system?

So heres a little background... I realized I probably have a problem with Candida (yeast) overgrowth due to antiobiotic use a while back, sinus infections, and a diet full of dairy, meat, and processed foods instead of fruits and vegetables (and low fiber).

Before I started any type of treatment for this, my "stools" were irregular, maybe 2 times in 3 days, and I would often either be constipated or have really loose, smelly diahrrea (sorry).

I first started on the Candida Diet and only ate berries, meat, vegetables, and everything else in extreme moderation (except for some alcohol on the weekends). I then started using Candida Clear by NOW, its a blend of potent anti-fungal herbs which got pretty good reviews. I started taking this to help with the Candida, and thought I would also do a colon cleanse concurrently to make sure there wasnt some kind of blockage making my candida worse. I used Oxy-Powder, which uses ozone (oxygen) to cleanse the digestive system. I think my bowels might really be screwed up though, because when I took the recomended dose (4) I didnt get much results. Once I upped it to 8 pills, I got the effects I had expected but while it said to expect 3 bowel movements a day, I still only got 1 or 2. I also take Dr. Ohhira's probiotics to help replenish the good baceria. Together, this approach led me to lose a lot of waterweight and my acne got MUCH better over a week or two.

After doing this for a while I decided to use a psyllium (fiber) based colon cleanser to see if it would work better than the oxy-powder. I am still taking Candida-fighting pills but now taking psyllium twice a day. I expected this to increase my bowel movements and maybe even pull out a few "ropes" like you see from Colonix (psyllium is the main ingredient in the system). None of this has happened - since I started taking the psyllium I have felt bloated around my midsection and clogged up. I've gone back to only having bowel movements of about 2 in 3 days.

Now my main question is: could the candida be why I am so clogged up? Could it be from eating too much meats? What should I do now? I just want to clear out my gut, and now I'm afraid the psyllium I thought would help is lodged in there and might not come out... what supplements could help?

• Anna P
    Favorite Answer

Psyllium is often bloating in effect. I use Daily Fiber from Yerba Prima--it's got all five types of fiber. Increase the amount of apples, oatmeal (long cook), all types of green leafies and cruchy veggies, prunes and other veggies and fruits and you will be fine. I take 4 Daily Fiber pills a day. Also, do you get enough water. Many foods take a lot of water to digest. Also increase your exercise and you will be amazed how much more regular you can be. Don't worry about how often you go, although it should be once a day. Focus on the other and the system will correct itself. But NO psyllium.

• lutke

do no longer take him to the vet till he starts off appearing humorous, extraordinarily hiding from human beings whilst he often does no longer. Cats consume issues like that each and all the time (regrettably), and you will in all probability locate it in the muddle container. sooner or later, keep the yarn locked away.

Try taking some papaya.