Why are guys so turned on by the female belly now? When I see a pretty girl that is the first place I look?

Favorite Answer

The female belly has a long, rich history as the focus of so many masterpieces. There are also physiological differences that inspire curiosity like the "mystery" of a pregnant belly.

In recent years, it has been increasingly popular for women to show off the belly they've been working in the gym so hard to flatten. Some even decorate their belly with artwork and jewelry.

With the amount of skin showing considered socially appropriate increasing with each generation, the natural response is an attraction to that new feature of the female form. Society begins to focus on it as demonstrated brilliantly in a recent television commercial depicting singing bellybuttons.

What attracts men really gets interesting when you start to study other socities. Everything from lip discs and neck rings to all out genital mutilation attracts those that grew up being expected to like it.

Finally, every time you like looking at something, you have an increased probability of liking it again. It's called positive reinforcement. It's the same principle that leads to kinks and fetishes.

This style to me is not a turn on.

I really don't like the trend for hip hugger jeans and a high shirt exposing a woman's/girls belly. Most are not able to pull that look off, such as fat, flab etc...

I'm hoping this trend has run it's course. Exposing more skin will always get attention. And it's not always "wow that's sexy!"

Just my opinion

• BTII

well I'm a guy. I really don't think there is such a thing as a sequence (at least for me) but yeah, feels really good when I see a girl on the street (or my female friends) with tank tops or showing their belly somehow. Can't really explain why, it just looks feminine (a guy showing his belly in the middle of the street would be gross I guess, lol) and we men like that, you know?? A girl or lady expressing her feminity. A matter of fashion maybe, but dunno, it looks sexy, is just the way it is. :)

• rbarc

It's because they showing their bellies so much more than they used to.

Really? I did not know this. I thought the sequence of eye movement was breasts, butt, then face, maybe feet (if you're into that)