? asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 years ago

Is This considered Smuggling Drugs?

im in the phillipines for a few months with my mother and lil brother. I am 17 and heard that birthcontrol here is cheap, like 1$. so if i were to buy alot like 50s worth and put it in a plastic bag with the reciept in my luggage when we went back to america would i get in trouble?

-my mom already knows i take birthcontrol i just dont want her to know that im bringing so much cause shell think im wierd-

(ps. when we came here my mom brought all sorts of vitamins and medicines and hse didnt have any problem)

• Katie
    Favorite Answer

Frankly, I would be more worried about the quality of the pills than the customs issues. $1 a month? That just cannot be right. If that's what they cost then they are selling you some fake stuff sister, and you'll just be wasting your money.

Not really. But, do realize, I'm no lawyer or customs officer.

You're generally allowed to bring a 90 day supply of any legally purchased or Rx'd prescription medication from overseas when you return to the USA, unless we are talking narcotics. AND, you can always get Rxs filled overseas, so if you are on the pill or have an Rx from your doctor in America, then there is zero reason that you can't refill the entire thing in the Phillipines at the bargain price.

Just FWIW, though... pricing THAT cheap scares me. I hope they work, if you know what I mean.

John Jones, MD

Source(s): practicing gynecologist

I don't think so. My parents bring lots of vitamins and herbs to China when we go there because my relatives the the American brands better and they never have a problem with it. But, the pills for a dollar doesn't seem likes its good quality

Chances are that it will get seized by customs. You will be lucky if they don't hold you at airport security and question you for a while. Your mom got lucky considering the way bags are checked nowadays. I personally would not take the risk.

Perhaps you could actually call customs and ask if it would be a problem?

I think that you should worry first about the quality of them.

yes

Source(s): FBI worker

no i would,t think so ,,,worst could happen is they take um of you ,you,v brought them you,v got the receipt,,,,