Poll: Am i weird for not wanting the standard American dream?

Maybe it's just me, but i don't like the idea of the typical American life style.like it seems everyone wants to strive to get a 9-5 job in a corporate environment so they can a house in the suburbs with a picket fence a big screen tv and a swimming pool with a wife, 2 kids and a dog and just doesn't... show more Maybe it's just me, but i don't like the idea of the typical American life style.like it seems everyone wants to strive to get a 9-5 job in a corporate environment so they can a house in the suburbs with a picket fence a big screen tv and a swimming pool with a wife, 2 kids and a dog and just doesn't interest me, it just seems kind of hollow, unrealistic and it creates a false image of how the world is. I just don't like that type of stability it almost feels like you are trapped in a boring mundane existence. i guess i feel as if though all those material things just don't make me happy and what does make me happy are valuable experiences and the people i have them with.

i was doing some soul searching and i was thinking that i would love to travel maybe I'd go to live in various countries for a while and get a feel for how the world really is maybe move when things start to get stale. maybe even join the peace corps and do some good. i was also thinking that maybe I'd like to join a commune for a while, learn some useful skills and take in that sense of community that seems to have disappeared in this age when we can get everything online. so i guess i really only want 2 things in life a lifestyle that is out of the ordinary and adventurous and someone special to share it with.

wow i just read this over and i sound like a total hippie.
Update: would you say my dreams are juvenile and unrealistic or is it admirable