What are the best stretches and exercises to help relieve chronic pain in my neck?

I went to the doctor and he said I have degeneration in my spine but my spinal cord is not injured or at risk. I do go to a chiropractor but it seems to just help episodically. I need a better plan...

Favorite Answer

First, I would tell this to your chiropractor. He/she has done an exam on you, maybe even xrays, so may best be able to give you specific exercises or stretches.

Otherwise as a general rule here are the things you should start doing:

1. Drink more water - this helps to hydrate the muscles and discs of the spine. This will intern open up the holes the nerves travel out of. 6-8 glasses or half your body wt in ounces for 7-10 days but make it a habit to always drink more water.

2. Half neck rolls and lateral head tilts - this will help loosen joints, and relax the muscles. The tight muscles and immobile joints will benefit

3. Use the cervical traction neck pillow by arc4life: http://www.arc4life.com

Slowly move your head in a circle to help the pain in your neck.

• Susan

diabetes?