Why can't you cut your nails in public?

Favorite Answer

Well I try to do it where no one else will see. Personally, I don't think that it's gross or anything. I just think that people have a lot of guts to do in the open where you can be subject to those who are pedantic and easily "grossed" out. Save yourself the hassle and do it in the comfort of your room or bathroom. Who needs to listen to all the whining that goes on. I hope this helps. Cheers.

Its nasty and rude to do so. You can, but then people will look at you in disgust. Imagine cutting your nails and the nail flings about 6 feet into someones eye or soft drink. Eww. Its just gross. So is biting your nails and spitting it. Just have common courtesy and make sure your nails looks fresh, clean and cut nicely before you leave the house. If your taking a long dump... perfect time to do so.

I was once on a bus in Glasgow, Scotland and a guy was cutting his nails with one of those trinket nail clippers and the cuttings were pinging around all over the place. It was gross. Trust me!

i can cut nails in public but i choose not to cause while cutting my nails someone might c my fingers which are not so attractive and somebody staring at my fingers just irritates me a lot!!!

Depends on what you call "public". It would be really inconsiderate to do this anywhere indoors, but if you were sitting on your own front porch or maybe somewhere that people could see you but weren't near enough to be annoyed by the flying clippings, it would be OK.

It is gross. Your nails can fling and hit someone. It is rude and really should be done in the bathroom.

coz the cut nail could fly and hit somebody's eye.

It just seems kinda gross to think that someone is spreading their clippings all over the floor. Who knows what is under them

Its rude. No one wants to see you do personal hygiene things.

• shae

its considered very mad manners, the noise in itself is irritating and the thought of someones fingernail flying at you is repulsive.