The OFFICIAL R&P Hall of Fame (Round 3)?

PLEASE READ EVERY DETAIL BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT!

Those of you who are new to this, here's how this will work: Everyone will list a band, and everyone will rate it by giving it a thumbs up or a thumbs down. The bands with the most thumbs ups will be inducted into the R&P Hall of Fame. There will be about 5-7 bands chosen.

ONLY ONE BAND PER PERSON! AND IF YOU SEE SOMEONE ALREADY NOMINATE THE BAND YOU WANTED TO PICK, GIVE IT A THUMBS UP AND NOMINATE ANOTHER BAND!

IT IS VERY CRUCIAL FOR PEOPLE TO VOTE! THIS IS NOT A JOKE! DON'T BE GIVING OUT THUMBS-DOWNS TO EVERY SINGLE ANSWERER! ALSO, PLEASE DON'T NOMINATE A BAND THAT'S ALREADY IN THE HALL OF FAME!

Please don't fool around and put a band that obviously doesn't belong (example: Jonas Brothers). It's funny, yes, but it messes up the entire results. Thanks

BANDS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE HALL OF FAME:

Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix Experience

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

The Who

Tool

David Bowie

Iron Maiden

The Rolling Stones

The Ramones

Metallica

The Velvet Underground

Rush

AC/DC

Alice in Chains

Queen

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Rage Against the Machine

Blue Öyster Cult

Megadeth

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Radiohead

The Kinks

The Yardbirds

MQ: Favorite song from The Clash

Please STAR so that we can get as many nominations and votes as possible! Thank you.

Like I said before.......don't nominate a band twice! That is, if someone already nominated a band, don't nominate the same one! Just give it a thumbs up and pick another! Thanks

ugh......too many thumbs downs! I gave everyone a thumbs up except for the person who said Slipknot, lol.

volcha: this is totally different from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame- This Hall of Fame includes bands specifically approved by the people on Rock and Pop here on Yahoo Answers.

silverrocket: The Stooges haven't been nominated on for this Hall of Fame yet.....so I'll count your answer as a nomination.

Paperbag Writer: Did you know that Coldplay is my LEAST FAVORITE BAND OUT THERE??? ugh I think they are overrated and untalented...just total crap

Why are did all the nominations for metal bands get thumbed down too much (ex: Nightwish)? They have a right to be in the Hall of Fame just as much as any other rock band!

The Reckoning: It's your personal opinion, and I accept that (even though most of us know that Coldplay is just a manufactured 'rock' band), but Nirvana is better than them talent-wise for sure......

I meant respect......lol

i meant respect, not accept.......lol

Please don't comment on my personal taste in music. (coughTheReckoningcough lol) It has nothing to do with this question! The Hall of Fame is chosen by everyone on R&P.....I induct the bands according to the TU vs. TD ratio......so I'm not the one picking out bands based on my personal taste. If you are not nominating a band, please don't answer this question. Thank you. Voting will close soon.

THE RESULTS!!!!!!!!!:

(BTW to those of you who don't know they are inducted based on the thumbs up vs. thumbs down ratio......they are not personally picked by me)

Lynyrd Skynyrd (18)

Deep Purple/Aerosmith (tied with 19)

Tom Petty (21)

Cream/The Doors/The Clash (tied with 26)

and the artist with the most votes is............

BOB DYLAN! (28)

This was a success because more people participated this round!Thanks to everyone for nominating and voting!

Best Answer

Um, yeah R&P isn't biased for metal or anything :P

How about THE (FREAKING) CLASH!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the most influential punk bands of all time, and 300000000 times better than the Ramones >.>

EDIT- I didn't even read your MQ. lmao. My favorite song is uhhhhhh "Koka Kola" or "Washington Bullets".

Queensryche

• Karen

The Doors! The Hall of Fame is not complete without The Lizard King!

MQ: Lost In The Supermarket

Edit: My bad. Someone said The Doors. So I choose Jefferson Airplane!

Edit #2: Ok I take it back again. Janis Joplin is more deserving of a place in The Hall of Fame than Jefferson Airplane. I cannot believe no one said Janis Joplin!

• Coolio

The Beach Boys :D

MQ: Hate and War

Molly Hatchet

Evanescence

Lynyrd Skynard

Deep Purple

MA: Rock the Casbah

Bang Camaro

If you don't mind me asking... WHERE THE **** ARE PIXIES!?!? I nominate them.

Proof they kick ***:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0CJqMK6f0

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxytSH_piRQ

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHhox4_SeHQ

Youtube thumbnail

MA: London Calling, I need to get that album.

• The Talking Heads

very unique style and made some really awesome songs