Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Would you support a citywide curfew in your locale?

I am suggesting a municipal mandate that forbids minors from roaming the streets past a certain time. Do you believe it would protect them from child predators and help them stay out of trouble and whatnont? Or do you surmise that is infringing on people's rights and youngsters should remain unsupervised and be allowed to be whatever? The reason I am asking is because this is sort of a gray area.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I would definitely Support Citywide Curfews in my Area especially for the fact that it could get quite dangerous at night and basically because, Most parents these days have to start being a bit more responsible with their kids. For the fact that no matter where they go there could easily be a lot of Sexual Predators, Gangs and Murderers roaming the streets late at night

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ken
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I grew up in a town with aa curfew. Didn't bother me a bit. Of course back then nothing was open past 10 anyway. The town I live in adopted a curfew last year.

• 1 decade ago

We have this established we're I'm from already. Actually, it's been a mandate since I was a kid. No reason for kids to be on the streets too late.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Society does not have the right to do such a thing to a persons freedom. Period.

~RF

Source(s): Common Sense and Human Rights.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i wouldn't support it. it would be the same if there was a curfew or not, it's absurdly easy to break the law

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.