Anonymous

Stanford University help?

1.What is Stanford Supplement??What it consists???

2.What are evaluation letters and recommendation letters??Are both same???

3.Is it true that Stanford only accepts two evaluation letters??

4.Do I need evaluation letters from the subject teacher whose subject I am going to take in university??For example - I have got my evaluation letters from my English and Maths teacher , but I 'm going to take science in college.Is this thing eligible??

5.Can I do double majoring in Business and Music at Stanford????

6.What can I do if my school neither offers AP , IB courses nor honors etc.(I'm from India)???Then what should I do to get accepted at Stanford as I know that these things make a lot of difference???

7.Can tuition , room and board all waived at Stanford???If yes , then how to apply for this???

Please don't be rude....

thank you..

Another questions...

Where I will take my SATs , ACTs , TOEFL?

Is these are tests taken online or I will be given any center ??

In which grade I will give my SATs , ACTs and TOEFL?

Favorite Answer

Can't major in business at Stanford, so double majoring in business and music will be slightly problematic. Stanford only has a graduate business program. If you have your heart set on a business degree and a music degree, you will need to look elsewhere.

• Lark

Your best resource for learning about the admissions procedures to Stanford is to go to their site where there is detailed information that covers all the topics you've asked about here. I assume that you will be applying as an international applicant since you call math "maths" and mentioned the TOEFL, so this page would be a good place for you to start: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/uga/application/inter...

~ The Stanford supplement is an additional application, set of profile questions, and short essay prompts that are you required to complete in addition to the generic Common App.

I posted all the questions from the supplement on my blog:

http://losangelina.blogspot.com/2010/08/im-frequen...

~ No, they are not the same. In the evaluation letters your teachers give an assessment of your work in his or her class, and within the school community. It typically addresses your work ethic, academic strengths, and personal qualities. Stanford requires you to have two evaluation letters submitted on your behalf. The letter of recommendation is optional, and it can be from anyone you choose. It is usually more intimate than an evaluation letter, and is an advocation for you based on your characteristics and demonstrated abilities.

~ Yes.

~ You will be taking a broad range of classes in addition to the ones in your major if you become a Stanford student rather than just a limited set of subjects as you would at many international universities . It's ideal to have one letter from an English teacher and one from a math teacher. It's fine if you'd prefer to have your science teacher write the letter in place of one from your math teacher. Stanford is wanting one letter from the teacher of a humanities-based subject (English, history, psychology and the like) and another from a science or mathematics rooted subject (science, math, computer science).

~ Yes.

~ Stanford receives applications from candidates from around the globe, and the admission committee is knowledgeable about the differences in education. You will not be expected to have taken classes that were never made available to you.

~ Yes and no. Yes, US citizens and permanent residents can have their tuition fees waived and receive aid to help them pay for their room, board, books, and other expenses. Unfortunately, international students are not eligible for federal financial aid, and are only considered for a limited amount of aid exclusively from Stanford. You might get a minor amount of aid, but you will need to be prepared to fund yourself. When you submit your application there is actually a waiver international applicants must sign acknowledging that they know they will not be eligible for financial aid any of the years they are at Stanford. You will need to be able to fund your own education. The total cost per year amount to around $54,000. If you do a double major it will probably take you five years, so that would come to approximately $270,000. You'd have to pay the total tuition every year either in a bulk sum or in an installment plan.

International students must also secure all necessary visas to be in the US on their own.

~ Look on the College Board website for the international testing locations, and find the ones closest to you.

~ No, the tests are not taken online. You must go in person to the center. If there isn't one near you, you will need to travel to the center.

~ You typically take it in the spring of 11th grade or in the fall of 12th.

Good luck! : )

Source(s): Stanford student

i think youve past standfords deadline if ur applying this year.

INDIA HAS ANOTHER STANDARD. INSTEAD OF APS YOU WILL HAVE O LEVEL GRADES OR A LEVEL GRADES AND SUCH AND EXTRACURRICULARS.

if they offer scholarship then you will have room and board waived otherwise you have to pay.

i hope u hav all As in every subject and have done ALOT of social work otherwise your chances of getting in are 0. also your essay needs to be strong and you have to take SAT, too, and get about 2000+ to even think of getting in b4 u have these dont ask any other questions.