i want a cell so bad but my rents said that i have to pay for it!?

So my rents finally go a cell somewhere in August. ( there old like 50's, and they take forever to get new stuff. so we don't have a wii or any thing cool like that.) but i asked it i could have a cell because they finally get there own. but they said that i couldn't have one or i was going to pay for it on my own. but the prob is that im only 13 i cant get a job because of child labor laws. i can get one next year, but for me that's too long form now. lol. (im born in July if that madders any) is there anything i can do? ive though about getting one of those cheap cells form Wallmart or Kmart. but i want to be able to text a lot. for money ive thought about babysitting because i love little kids. but im soo shy around the adults to ask them the questions. thanks... it really means a lot.

i looked up koodo and they don't have the U.S.A on there list

no offense but rents is achually parents. its just text language

sorry about my spelling... i cant type that well

Favorite Answer

There are some phones that come free with a phone plan, and you can get a plan that is strictly texting and calling for about 20$ a month from koodo

I am a 'rent'. I wouldn't pay for one for a thirteen year old unless you were a superb student, a good kid, I could afford it, and there was an actual NEED for it.

Don't hate your parents for being who they are.

To be honest, in my opinion, a kid who can't spell matters, their, or even Walmart, needs to be focusing more on school.

Oh...and I ADMIRE your parents for holding out so long before getting a cell phone. I needed one for work, but if I didn't, I probably wouldn't have one...and I am only 40.

a 13 year old does not need a cell phone. Giving your child the ability to contact people whenever is a bad idea.

Kids take advantage of parents who get them cell phones...if I were your parents--you would not get one till you are 18 and have a job.

• !

Go without until you can afford it - and for goodness sake write English - not that difficult to write parents!

Get a job.