Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 1 decade ago

My friend told me if you stick an aerosol can in the microwave it will blow up, Anybody tried this?

We're planning on ruining a microwave tomorrow. Do it work or is this a waste of time?

Angry people....So...How long do you think it will take?

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't try that. If you put an egg in the microwave it will explode + stink : ) Use a raw egg with the shell still on it.

Source(s): Did it when microwaves first came out.

YES IT DOES if you are going to continue this fracus to conclusion do it safely perferabley out side use a camcorder to record it while u are a safe distance away +40 feet and behind cover and there is no flamables within +100 feet and have a fire extingwisher at the ready and can readily shut off the power and have a 155 distance from nearest residental building OH YES THE #1 THING IS DONT USE YOUR MOMS MICROWAVE BE SAFE AND CHECK WITH LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT BEFORE ATTEMPTING FIRST REMEMBER A LOT CHANGED AFTER 9/11

Source(s): PRE 9/11 EXPERENCE

i don't know about the aerosol can, but if you put one in a bonfire it will explode, sending metal everywhere (i tried this) Also, if you put a CD in the microwave for 1 second it will get fuzzy. (i also tried this)

It surely blow up, because of the heat temperature. Do something else.

of course it blows,think about it,then do something better with your time,like try to stop some other jacka** on here from doing something dumb( oh year the b is silent in dumb)

No, and i'm a bit afraid to! Most aerosol cans are metal, aren't they? BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never tried it, but then I'm not a pillock. I wish you every success in your endevour.

it should work, they will blow up in a fire so they should blow up if they get hot enough, wear safety goggles.