How can I talk my gf into getting an abortion?

she's 6 weeks pregnant. i've told her a couple times that i don't feel like having a kid right now, but she just cries and says she doesn't want to get an abortion. is there any way i can talk some sense into her? i feel like being a dad would really screw up my life. help please!

thx for the answers, but I'm the man and I feel that it's at least 50% my decision, maybe even more.

@ gsgf34: I'm 24, so i'm plenty old and mature enough. she's only 17 so i think that's why she's having a difficult time realizing that abortion is the right thing to do.

@ Melissa <3: she told me she was on the pill. i think that alone was very dishonest on her part and she should HAVE to get an abortion. sometimes I think she TRIED to get pregnant. this is such a stressful situation for me.

And I find condoms uncomfortable.

the age of consent in my state is 16, geniuses.

Favorite Answer

First off I hope she leaves you.

Second It takes two to tango so you have a choice to make. Leave her, or support her.

In a few months, you will see your new born and truely hate yourself for ever considering murdering that child, and that is exactly what it will be. Abortion should be only used if there is no other option.

If she doesnt want the child, put it up for adoption.

There are millions of people out there who are unable to have their own children, Dont sentance yours to death for your stupid 'mistake.'

If she wants to keep the kid, you should really stop trying to convince her otherwise. It's her body. And if you don't want to be a father, maybe you should wear protection or just not have sex at all. If you're not going to take the responsibility, you need to grow up. Plus, abortions can do serious damage to a young girl's body, or to any woman's body for that matter. Stop thinking about yourself and start supporting her.

Since the BABY is inside of HER and not coming out of your pathetic ***, it's entirely her decision. Not 50-50. Shouda thought about things like this before you decided to dip your wick.

You're 24 AND a dumb***! Congratulations. You should go to jail for statutory rape and then have a mandatory vasectomy.

Whether the legal age is 16 or 18, you really need to mature. I never really thought there were real men in the world as dumb and immature as you.

"my life"?

yeesh, its already obvious you arent ready for a baby, its still "me, me, me".

How old are you guys? there is no real way to talk anything into her. and pushing her will jsut make you look like a irresponsible asshole.

i would say now is the time to get a job and start working and start saving.

you dont have to be involved in your childs life, although i would suggest you do, to help out with your gf, who knows, maybe by than you two will have been broken up and all you will have to do is child support.

personally, if you cant sway her, i would stick by her. but if you choose to stick by her, make sure you do it without bitterness.

my fiancee had a child with his highschool gf. she begged him to keep it though he didnt want it. in the end, he went home to find thier baby crying by itself. mother is completely gone now 4 years later.

if you want your wife to see the problems, maybe bring home pricing for all the stuff you would and will have to buy. the added expenses. also show her how much and how often she will have to work (yes she should work too, you arent a mule) to support this baby and thier new habits comfortably. dont forget things like piano, swim, soccer, lessons and classes.

once she sees that maybe she will consider it.

there is also adoption

It's her body, not yours. No one should be pressured into killing her baby. If she's courageous she'll have the baby, keep herself healthy and go for adoption. That's the hardest thing to do, but the smartest and the most loving thing to do. Walk away if you can't handle what you started because what she needs now is supportive friends and family, not destructive.

Just noticed your ages. So, statutory rape?

yeah, try and find neutral grounds explain that you're to young? if thats even the case.. if not maybe just say this isn't a good time in our lives to have a child and explain with reasonable examples.. and than say i'm sorry i was insensitive maybe we should put our child up for adoption once it's born.

• <3

Thats her choice to make. If you really don't want to be a father then you should leave her.. That sounds horrible I know, but if your making it clear you don't want it and she forces it anyway, you have a right to back away. You'll still have to pay for the child I think, But don't tell her not to have it.

If she wants it, she should have it, and if she got rid of it because you wanted her to, she will always blame you for that.

if shes really against abortions you guys could put it up for adoption to a family that wants the baby, and you don't have to be a dad. like in juno hahah.

not gonna lie, you sound like an a**hole. abortion is one of those things that you can't really sway people on. either you except the consequences of having sex and raise your child like a man or walk away from everything if being a dad would "screw up your life".

Explain to her that it would totally ruin her life, and the baby wouldn't be able to have a good life. Say something like your better off waiting so the baby can have a better life?

KILLING IN THE CHILD IN THE NAME OF YOU MISTAKES. You should have used a condom, and she should have used the pill. Just because you two were too thick and ignorant, doesn't mean you should kill a baby. The only way for you guys now is to give the baby up for adoption, however I highly doubt that'd work as she will bond with him/her. If you don't like it, lump it, but my advice is: pull your head out of your *** and rise up to your responsibilities. We all make mistakes in life with repercussions on either us or other people, and some of us go to prison for them, others move on... others live in depression, some of us do all of the above. It's time you become a better person, the inner person you are instead of your worries.