Why do Repubs use Marxism, socialism & communism...?

interchangably? How can anyone say that Obama is a communist? It's ridiculous, when you think about the root of the term, commune. I suppose people call him a socialist because he's for universal healthcare. Why is this idea so feared? The ideal society has a balance of capitalism and socialism (and we... show more interchangably? How can anyone say that Obama is a communist? It's ridiculous, when you think about the root of the term, commune.

I suppose people call him a socialist because he's for universal healthcare. Why is this idea so feared?
The ideal society has a balance of capitalism and socialism (and we already have that in America. The mail, the military, cops, firefighters, even DMVs are socialized). People seem to ignore this fact.

If socialized healthcare were proposed in, say, the 1920s and it flourished, we would be fighting to keep it in place. Europe is doing well with their health care. Many Americans, especially seniors, can't afford health insurance, despite working their entire lives...Instead of name-calling, can we approach health care reform with optimism?
Update: Jade, please enlighten me as to how universal health care is "unchristian."

Lol. What a silly term you though of there! How cute....!