a list of good country,oldies songs please?
okay so my uncle gave me a MP3 4GB so i can put songs in there for him,but i barely see him so he left it here and i wont see him a about a week.he like (country classic country,and oldie and he watches duck dynasty )but i know nothing about country or that showbut im the only person he can go to,to put music on a device im into hip-hop and rock...can you give me a list of good country,oldies songs please, all i know is that he likes (Alan Jackson and Gorge Straight)
- Ramblin ManLv 76 years agoFavorite Answer
Hi, Here is a list of songs your uncle might enjoy. It's not a complete list by no means, but will give you some ideas. You can find most of these songs on YouTube. For oldies, anything by the Everly Brothers. See links for more artists.
See my answer here for a huge list of older artists: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al4bB...
See my answer here for a list of modern singers who sound old school: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ai...
1. Alan Jackson:
Murder On Music Row (Ft. George Strait), Chasin' That Neon Rainbow, The Blues Man, Midnight In Montgomery, Don't Rock the Jukebox, Chattahoochee, Mercury Blues, Livin' On Love, Gone Country, Little Bitty, Who's Cheatin' Who, Drive, "Tall, Tall Trees", USA Today, Summertime Blues, Country Boy, Little Man, Good Time, The Talkin' Song Repair Blues, Pop A Top, 5 O'clock Somewhere, Where I Come From
2. George Strait:
Love Without End, Amen (AKA: A Father's Love), Amarillo By Morning, Here For A Good Time, The Chair, Check Yes Or No, Carrying Your Love With Me, Ocean Front Property, I Just Want To Dance With You, I Can Still Make Cheyenne, Give It Away, Fool Hearted Memory, I Cross My Heart, Write This Down, The Seashores Of Old Mexico
3. Tanya Tucker:
Pecos Promenade (From Smokey & The Bandit movie part 2), Blood Red & Going Down, Pride Of Franklin County, Lizzie & The Rain Man, Delta Dawn, Jamestown Ferry, Blackwater Bayou, Texas When I Die, The Baptism Of Jesse Taylor, Ramblin' Fever, What's Your Mamas Name, New York City Song, The Man That Turned My Mama On, No Man's Land, Old Dan Tucker's Daughter. Also checkout her version of rock song "Not Fade Away", which is by Buddy Holly.
4. Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A, The Back Side Of Dallas, Return To Harper Valley, Country Girl, Here's To The Cowboys
5. Reba McEntire - Fancy, The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia (Fancy is a cover version)
Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billy Joe, Fancy, Louisiana Man (Bobbie Gentry originally wrote & sang Fancy)
6. Emmylou Harris - Two More Bottles Of Wine
7. Kathy Mattea - Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses, 455 Rocket, Hello My Name Is Coal
8. Lacy J Dalton - 16th Avenue
9. Trisha Yearwood - She's In Love With The Boy
10. The Judds - Why Not Me, Grandpa "Tell Me About The Good Old Days"
11. Tammy Wynette - Stand By Your Man
12. Moe Bandy & Joe Stampley - Just Good Ol' Boys
13. Moe Bandy - Till I'm Too Old To Die Young, Hank Williams You Wrote My Life
14. Roger Miller - King Of The Road, Chug-A-Lug, Dang Me
15. Jerry Reed - East Bound And Down, The Legend, Amos Moses, When You're Hot you're Hot, Alabama Wild Man, The Ballad Of Gator McKlusky
16. Dwight Yoakam - I Sang Dixie, Streets Of Bakersfield (Ft. Buck Owens), Little Sister, Guitars Cadillacs, A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
17. Buck Owens - I've Got a Tiger by the Tail, Act Naturally
18. Del Reeves - Girl On The Billboard
19. Waylon Jennings - The Eagle, Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way, Luckenbach Texas, Outlaw Sh-t, Bob Wills Is Still The King, I've Always Been Crazy, Amanda
20. Johnny Horton - Battle Of New Orleans, Sink The Bismarck, Golden Rocket, North To Alaska, Sinking Of The Reuben James, Battle Of Bull Run
21. Di-k Curless - Pinch Of Powder, Tombstone Every Mile, Watermelon Man
22. Dave Dudley - Six Days On The Road, Truck Driving Son Of A Gun
23. Lonnie Irving - Pinball Machine
24. CW McCall - Convoy, Round The World With The Rubber Duck, CB Savage, Wolf Creek Pass
25. Red Sovine - Phantom 309, Teddy Bear, Little Joe
26. Marty Robbins - El Paso, Big Iron, Feleena
27. John Prine - Paradise
28. George Jones - Choices, Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes, The One I Loved Back Then (AKA: Corvette Song), The Race Is On, White Lightning
29. Charlie Daniels Band - Roll Mississippi, The Legend Of Wooley Swamp, Uneasy Rider, Long Haired Country Boy, In America, Everytime I See Him
30. Rodney Crowell - I Walk The Line (Revisited)
31. Mel Mcdaniel - Louisiana Saturday Night, Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On
32. Marty Stuart - Hillbilly Rock
33. Clint Black - Killin' Time, Iraq And I Roll, Hotel Whiskey (Hank Williams Jr. & Clint Black)
34. Vern Gosdin - Set'em Up Joe
35. Johnny Paycheck - The Johnson's Of Turkey Ridge, The Outlaw's Prayer, Only Hell My Mama Ever Raised, Drunk On Arrival (D.O.A)
I hope your uncle enjoys these songs. Good luck!
- allieLv 66 years ago
Mama Tried - Merle Haggard
Blue Blooded Woman, Smalltown Southern Man, Dallas, Just Playin Possum, Here In The Real World - Alan Jackson
Brand New Man - Brooks + Dunn
The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels
He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
Lousiana Woman Mississippi Man - Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn
Springtime In Alaska - Johnny Horton
Country Roads, Thank God I'm A Country Boy - John Denver
The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
If You're Gonna Play In Texas, Tennesee River, Forty Hour Week, Born Country, Dixieland Delight, Song Of The South, Love In The First Degree - Alabama
Night To Remember, Bigger Than The Beatles, Third Rock From the Sun - Joe Diffie
Walk the Line, Sunday Morning Comin Down - Johnny Cash
Heartland, All My Ex's Live in Texas, Troubadour - George Strait
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Michael ELv 76 years ago
Worried Man Blues
Keep On The Sunny Side
Foggy Mountain Top
Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms
Black Mountain Rag
John Hardy Was A Desperate Little Man.
- Patmua6Lv 76 years ago
Folsome Prison Blues , Johnny Cash
Devil Woman , Marty Robbins
Sing me back home , Merle Haggard
Wolverton Mountain , Claude King
The race is on , George Jones .
Sea of heartbreak , Don Gibson
Together Again , Buck Owens
The lady came from Baltimore , Bobby Bare
Four in the morning , Faron Young
Burning Memories , Ray Price
Blue eyes crying in the rain , Willie Nelson
The wildside of life , Hank Thompson
You win again , Hank Williams Sr.
- Anonymous5 years ago
This Site Might Help You.
a list of good country,oldies songs please?
okay so my uncle gave me a MP3 4GB so i can put songs in there for him,but i barely see him so he left it here and i wont see him a about a week.he like (country classic country,and oldie and he watches duck dynasty )but i know nothing about country or that showbut im the only person he can go...Source(s): list good country oldies songs please: https://tr.im/FrvoW
- LaurenLv 44 years ago
Master Of Puppets- Metallica Run To The Hills- Iron Maiden
- Anonymous6 years ago
25 Classic Country songs from the fifties to the eighties.
"Hey Joe" ~ Carl Smith
"The Wild Side Of Life" ~ Hank Thompson & His Brazos Valley Boys
"The Cattle Call" ~ Eddy Arnold
"I Don't Believe You've Met My Baby" ~ The Louvin Brothers
"Gonna Find Me A Bluebird" ~ Marvin Rainwater
"Life To Go" ~ Stonewall Jackson
"I'm A Honky Tonk Girl" ~ Loretta Lynn
"Heartbreak USA" ~ Kitty Wells
"Tennessee Flat Top Box" ~ Johnny Cash
"We Must Have Been Out Of Our Minds" ~ George Jones & Melba Montgomery
"Mr. And Mrs Used To Be" ~ Ernest Tubb & Loretta Lynn
"The Other Woman (In My Life)" ~ Ray Price
"I Get The Fever" ~ Bill Anderson
"The Fugitive" ~ Merle Haggard
"Harper Valley P.T.A." ~ Jeannie C. Riley
"Just Someone I Used To Know" Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton
"She Goes Walking Through My Mind" ~ Billy Walker
"The Year Clayton Delaney Died" ~ Tom T. Hall
"Delta Dawn" ~ Tanya Tucker
"Satin Sheets" ~ Jeanne Pruett
"Rainy Day Woman" ~ Waylon Jennings
"One Of These Days" ~ Emmylou Harris
"Tulsa Time" ~ Don Williams
"Old Flames (Can't Hold A Candle To You)" ~ Dolly Parton
"Seven Year Ache" ~ Rosanne Cash