Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Has anyone actually cured a yeast infection with a vinegar douche?

I have a very mild yeast infection. I am sure that is what it is - I am in my 30s and married. My husband and I were very "active" for a few days then by circumstances I did not take a shower - gross but true - for two days later. ..under stress, drinking a lot of coffee too.

I am trying to douche with a vinegar/water solution - how many times a day and how long should I give this before I give up and head to the dr? I am trying to avoid taking off from work, etc.

Thanks!

Ps - please don't judge or flame me - I am being honest. I help people without judging on here - if you can't do that then don't comment.

• Ciana

Hello, I'm on the second week and seeing definite improvement on my yeast infection symptoms:

https://bitly.im/aLWkD

Note that: If the yeast infection doesn't respond to over the counter treatment, prescription medication will likely be necessary. Similarly, if the symptoms return after two months of being treated, you should contact the doctor for professional treatment rather than resorting again to home treatment.

https://bitly.im/aLWkD

If this is the first time you have experienced a yeast infection, you should schedule an appointment to have the condition treated by a doctor instead of resorting to home treatment

If you have an infection already, a douche is a bad idea. The water pushes the infection further up the vaginal canal. This makes the situation worse and can cause other problems. You are much better off with an over the counter medication.

Douching won't help with yeast infections, you need to ask your doctor or a pharmacist for an over the counter medication. If your being sexually active with your husband, he will be carrying the yeast infection on him also. Ask the doctor what should be done about that.

Unique Yeast Infection System : http://www.YeastCured.com/

• Peace

I cured one by cutting ALL sugar out of my diet and eating raw veggies and plain yogurt.

It's all about restoring the alkaline/acidic levels in your body. When your body is more acidic virus and bacteria thrive.

Google alkaline and acidic levels in the body and you should find a chart of foods based on weather they are acidifying or alkalizing.

Apple Cider vinegar is alkalizing....so I see how it could cure a yeast infection.

But the general rule is that natural cures take longer to work...that's why so many opt for conventional methods.

So many women think that douching is okay or will help when it's actually the opposite. I will not be the only one to tell you this, even a doctor will tell you this. DO NOT douche, please. It flushes out all of your good bacteria where it's unable to fight off the bad bacteria(yeast infection). Therefore it's pointless and just makes it worse. Call your doctor and have them call you in Diflucan.

Source(s): Experience.

as far as i know antibiotics is the only thing that will cure a yeast infection

but ew, how could you not shower for two days and keep going at it alll......eeeeeewww

that wasnt judging cos i didnt have 2 think about, i knew straight out thats not looking after yourself and its gross and wrong

thats going to make matters worse and the vinegar will burn.

try buying a package of monistat or miconzole at walmart or another store, that should clear it up.

Source(s): personal experience.