what are some foods and beverages I should avoid if trying to get rid of a yeast infection?

Favorite Answer

The infamous yeast infection...the horror of horrors. How do we cure and how do we prevent? First of all yeast is a fungus that forms is areas where your PH balance is off or the amount of natural bacteria or in your system is unnormal(i.e. stomach or even whole bodies after atibiotics, etc.)To push the bad out you need to introduce good, yogurts and acidophillus, and multidophilus will put the "good" bacteria back in your system. Drinking lots of water and cranberry juice will help to clean the toxins out from the yeasts and will help the "good" stuff grow. You can also use over the counter medications or a home remedy of 5 drops tea tree oil and 5 drops olive oil on the end of a tampon for 15 minutes twice a day to clear up infections quickly.

To answer your question though you should avoid foods high in starch and processed sugar like white bread, and pop. Try to limit these foods to as little as possible to make recovery faster because yeast loves sugar.

I've heard a lot of good about the yogurt too. Just be sure it is real yogurt with live acidophilus (the culture)in it. I would use something from a health food store, or maybe plain Dannon from a grocery store. Whatever brand you use, it should be plain, rather than flavored. You asked about things to avoid. I've read a lot about sugar being one of the main culprits for yeast infection. That's anothr reason you'd want the yogurt to be plain.

Yogurt is the best for that. Also you can go to a health food store and get some acidopholis pills. It contains the same good bacteria as yogurt but w/out the taste or smell and works about as fast. There are really no foods to avoid during this time. I know how uncomfortable you are. Good luck.

Avoid sugar! It's a breeding ground for yeast.

well i suggest to see a doctor and ask him, but if not, yogurt helps

Well, just eating youghurt helps, lol.

my girlfriend sweaars be this....

clean up down there with plain yogert

hope it works for you