As prices of crude oil & its derived products & other forms of energy skyrocket, who gets hurt the most?
- NCLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Poor countries with no oil of their own. The last energy crisis actually bankrupted several govenmernts, mostly in South America. India had a pretty hard time, too.
- SearcherLv 71 decade ago
loaded question, the following all get hurt
1) The business person who has to use a vehicle in their line of work. Such as a construction person who has to visit a job site several days in a row to finish a product.
2) Business people who must pay higher prices in order to get the shipping costs, this alll has to be passed off to the consumer in the form of higher prices.
3) Gas station owners who are charged the higher prices by the wholesale gas suppliers. As the prices go up, people use less gas and stop by less to purchase other items in the store. Customers are upset because they have to pay additional in gas prices and they take it out on the end retailer because they can't get at the oil companies who ultimately are making the big profits.
4) Travel industries...if it gets too costly people don't travel.
- 1 decade ago
The poorest people in rural areas that have poor transportation systems. Like farmers even if they get a tax cut on gas they don't get it for cars only for farm equipment.
- Mark FLv 41 decade ago
It hurts everyone who uses the products or services. I would ask who it helps the most?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
- boker_magnumLv 61 decade ago
Every consumer who uses them.