Why do you homeschool?

I have never been homeschooled and haven't thought about it with my own future children, but I have to do a research paper on different types of education for school. I will probably chose homeschooling to do it on, so I want the opinions of those who do it to base some of it on. My question is (not trying to... show more I have never been homeschooled and haven't thought about it with my own future children, but I have to do a research paper on different types of education for school. I will probably chose homeschooling to do it on, so I want the opinions of those who do it to base some of it on. My question is (not trying to criticize or anything, I really want to know) what are your reasons for it, besides controlling what exactly they learn. Is it for religious reasons, so they don't have to separate, so they don't have to fall into a strict routine, more comfortable environment,or a bad school district or anything else? I'm just curious because I need different opinions on the reasons of it, not if it's effective or ineffective.
Update: By controlling what they learn, I mean you know exactly what they are learning and can teach them at a higher/lower level! I'm sure many different people use different techniques. Just clearing that up :)