how to improve car. engine?

i know everything about making my car have the loudest sounds from after market battery, alternator,box size,amp,etc.. Body kits, lip kits, etc. but i want to improve the performance.

my ideal dream would be to make a fast car from a stock civic, but keep it NA(natural aspirated) with a completely built engine.

All i know is to install a sports suspension, low pro tires, light rims, carbon kit, performance exhaust system,intake, aftermarket spark plugs, starter, gas pump,headers,head gasket, cam shaft,ecu settings, and all the sensors/gauges to monitor it.

What else do you suggest i install to the call.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

turbochargers, weight reduction, an acrylic hood would be sweet if you got your engine hooked up right. MSD ignition system, straight pipe true dual exhaust, upgrade your trans. manual trans. performance brakes are a MUST! rebuild your engine. new seals, rings, and gaskets will do wonders to an engine. upgrade your cooling system, add oil and trans cooler systems. try to switch your timing belt for a chain. itll last longer and stay more accurate. get wider tires to account for the extra horsepower. swap gears, and, what the hell, put some NOS in it. dont expect your engine to last too long though if youre gonna be racing it all the time. be prepared to do a rebuild every few years.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

if you want a fast civic don't be biased against a super/turbocharger. it is the way to get serious power while keeping it street drivable. you can spend all you want on NA upgrades and any little wimpy turbo setup will still spank it good. but if you really don't want FI you need to get rid of any unneeded weight, run the highest comp ratio you can get away with on pump gas, tune the ECU, run low viscosity lubes, camshaft, intake etc you pretty much know what to do already. but with a supercharger you could just do pistons and a few other things and get a monster that still burn pump gas.

• 1 decade ago

start with identyfying what kind you have. engine swap? if you have a b16 you can do the b18 swap. not straight bolt in. like all honda if your funds allow try the 2.2 vtec out of a prelude. like i said NOT bolt in and drive away. as for ecu i can recomend the hondata. if you have gone down the engine swap route. and still want more power sart with stroker kit. port and polish the head and valves and head gasket and fuel pump and cam. also bigger thtrottle body and fliter can also help. and stick type r pistons as they r stronger than std. freeflow headers to relase the beast.

Source(s): nzhonda.com
  • melgar
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

while your motor vehicle engine can mirror itself and pass on features as organic and organic chemicals can, then it incredibly is achievable for the descendants of your motor vehicle engine. regrettably, this question exhibits which you're on the point of a "bunch of ole greasy.....uneducated mechanics" while it is composed of technological wisdom and quite approximately biology. To be blatantly obtrusive, every person with 0.5 a clue approximately evolution is familiar with that a single organism does not "evolve", yet that each and each organism is a small exchange that would or will possibly not make a contribution to the variations in a inhabitants.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if you want to make a civic into a performance car keeping it NA

... good luck...

and you pretty much mentioned all you can do to it while keeping it that way

it's a four banger

the only way to really add power to it is make it breathe like a V8

put a turbo on it like everyone else with a "fast" Civic

• not much left to do if you're talking about only working on one engine that you've already put work into. try a turbo. take out some back seats. upgrade to a performance tranny maybe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just pour a bag of rice into the gas tank then change your computer's screensaver to a picture of vin diesel yelling NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWS this should be good for 20 horsepower

• 1 decade ago

change the pistons , fuel injectors, tubocharge the mofo and flyaway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.