stressed at work all the time?

I am always stressed at work, always. and its because i always feel like i'm going to be fired, everyday. and there is no reason for feeling like that. i'm a good worker, i get along with everybody, i'm just so insecure about how i'm doing all the time. i was literally in tears the other day because i thought i was going to get fired, my boss assured me that i was one of the best workers there, so i'm not thinking about it really right now, but its never far away, how can i stop worrying about this? i'm going to give myself an ulcer :l

thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The reason for your stress is that you care too much what your Boss and company think of you. And you have absolutely no control over that however good your work.

If you can make a slight shift in your concern and thoughts, from what they think of you to how great can the end result of your work be, it will make all the difference. Because you will then have a positive focus for your thoughts and creativity as well as the end result being under your control.

Plus when your work is great - I mean really great - then you don't have to worry about what your boss thinks of you, they have to worry what you think of them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

First thing is to change your mind and your thinking. Repeat it over and over and over again to yourself that you are special and a very good worker. you will start to believe that even if it is not true. Tell yourself anything so many time and you will believe it and once you do it starts to show.

There is power in spoken words. it is in the bible and it is true.

That is why some people after they have been told by some one else that they are no good after some time they start to believe it and it works on their esteem. the good news is you can reverse it.

Source(s): Reading is better than guessing, Unless you read you don't know what you are missing, Read more from http://www.articleuser.com
  • 1 decade ago

Well, it started with your early home life for whatever reason(s). You must look back realistically and figure out what has made you so insecure. Were you told you were no good at anything? that you would never amount to anything? that you were not as good as your siblings? Maybe you need to talk to a professional.

In the meantime, go to work, do your job, get along with everyone, and do not concern yourself with how you look to others. It only matters how you appear to yourself.

• 1 decade ago

Act as though everyday is your first day at work. So do your hardest to impress your boss, by doing the best you can. The work you do reflects the thought you put into it...and you seem to really want to do your job well...SO YOU WILL! Your going to come home everyday NOT FIRED....you got the job...so the hard part is over =]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Eddy T
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Remember what you boss said. Its his way of telling you that the company cannot fire you for no reason.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.