YW asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 1 decade ago

Need Advice About On-line Hotel Booking Services.?

I plan to go to New Orleans, Louisiana at the end of this month for Mardi Gras. I am going over the internet to find a hotel deal. I have come across various online hotel booking services, such as “travel.hotels-and-discounts.com”, “hotel-rates.com”, “bookit.com”, “reservations.hotelscheap.org”, etc. Some of these services require up-front full payment. My question is “How safe is it to book through these services (especially when one has to pay up-front)?” What good or bad experience do you have? Can someone recommend a reputable online hotel booking service, since there are so many of them out there? Thank you for your advice.

Favorite Answer

You can try www.hotelbooklet.com which compares more than 30 popular hotel reservations sites and shows all available deals!

Some legit sites include hotels.com, expedia.com, priceline.com, travelocity.com, bookit.com, orbitz.com. All require payment in advance, some may let you split it into multiple payments. I have used a few of these without any problems, if unsure call there customer service line to ask about cancellation policies. If you choose to book through one of these sites always reconfirm reservation with the hotel directly within a few days of booking. Another option too, is once you find a rate on the site, double check the hotels site to see if it is the same or cheaper. Hotels will often run specials, and have triple A rates which can sometimes be cheaper than the discounted sites.

Phone your credit card company and block the payment.