I REALLY want a pet bunny... what should i do?

i really want a pet bunny, but my parents arent that sure. i even said i would care for EVERYTHING for the bunny, but they dont agree. is there really something that bad from bunnies? i think my house is big enough for one to play around. i think a bunny would make me very happy.

please tell me whats soo bad and good about a bunny!

Best Answer

Make a pros and cons about them, show it to your parents, if the agree, then congrats on your new bunny ^_^

Source(s): Bunny owner

Problem is, when you are a parent and you get a household pet, you have to take on board that you are ultimately responsible for it. You have to pay the vets bills, and the food bills, and the bedding bills, and when the family go on holiday you have to find someone responsible to look after the bunny every day.

Rabbits chew through electrical cables like on lamps and the TV all the time and can be killed by doing this, so hopping around the house is not a good idea.

I don't think rabbits are great pets. They are too close to their wild rabbit relatives, just different colours, and they will go wild themselves very easily. They can get used to being handled but that's about all they can do.

How about a dog? Your dad might like a dog.

Bunnies make amazing pets, and they're really cute too :)

If you have all the space, time (they need to play a lot), equipment, and love, then you're ready for the bunny! Go to a pet store near you and observe the bunnies for a while. Then when you've found your favorite bunny, ask your parents if you could PLEASE have it! The worst thing that could happen to you with a bunny is that it bites you (in which case you'll just bleed a little; no big deal).

good luck!

Beware of cats as they have a fetish for rabbits. I f you live in a neighbourhood with stray cats it it most likely the bunny will be their meal. The same goes for dogs. You need to keep the bunny in a safe place at all times and allow it to venture into the yard as much as possible. Get some suggestions from your local pet store.

I hope you can have one. Steph

how old are you? It might not be as fun as you think when you really do have one. You'll probably neglect it and hang out with your friends instead. IF you really want one, start out with something small, like pet turtles or pet hamster. Taking care of an animal is a lot of work. And by the way you phrase your sentences, you're probably just a little kid. Youll get over it

there crap smells bad, and they constantly go, do u no wut kind of bunny you would want, and to convince them you could do a bunch of research on them. Also bunnies if u hv them as a pet u can train them like a dog. Get them when there a lil baby bunny. oh and another thing is they can ruineur furniture by bitting so u hv to tach them rite from wrong when they r lil. THEY R SO MUCH FUN, i use to hv like 5 but for 4-h.

Source(s): 4-h

As with most pets, make sure that you set aside enough time to give it a lot of love and attention. Remember, being a pet owner is a responsibility

bunnies don't make great housepets. they poop and pee everywhere. you can train them, but i have been trying for a while, and it's not working. plus, they require a lot more attention than you would think. and they are not as friendly as you would think.

i'm trying to find my bunny a home, because of this.

rats make better pets. i've owned both, and rats rule.

get the bunny as a little baby rabbit, not as an adult

good things:

- teaches kids responsiblility and careing for children

- it makes you happy

- something to talk to

- a friend if you don't got any

get a bunny then just take care of it