what does it mean to be paid in money order?

I am applying for a job, and I was told payment will be in money order. I'm not sure what that means.

Best Answer

Money orders are issued by banks and other places like the post office. Basically funds are given directly to the bank and money orders are guaranteed funds from the person issuing it, as long as they haven't placed a stop payment on it. It is pretty much like a check, only there are guaranteed funds. I have never heard of an employer paying with money orders though? They take at least 5 minutes to do one, much less for an entire payroll. Do they offer direct deposit? If so, I would consider doing that. It is far less of a hassle on your part.

Source(s): I work for Bank of America
  • Hollie

A money order is a payment order for a pre-specified amount of money. Because it is required that the funds be prepaid for the amount shown on it, it is a more trusted method of payment than a personal check. Merchants welcome the extra security of a pre-paid money order instead of a personal check, which can bounce.

Sorry to tell you this... Because of the fee when sending moneyorders, the company that send you moneyorders for your works is just a scam or just stupid.

Avoid that company, try my website :)

You get paid via Paypal(world #1 internet wallet), Moneybookers or CherryCredits

It is totally free to join. You get paid to complete survey, try products and services. All free, you just have to answer questions, and submit your email address.

I was spending time to make extra money from completing offers too! So i really treasure your precious time! I share 40% to 80% of my revenue money for my users. All of the Money-Making Websites only share you 25% to 60% of their revenue !

My Get paid to complete offers website has the highest payout rate per offer or survey. Compared to all of other GPT sites out there. Guaranteed!

http://www.homemakemoneynow.com

If this is a "customer service rep" job that has you cashing money orders and forwarding money to someone, it's a scam.