Reseting the BIOS on Dell Dimension 3000?

I have aquired a Dell Dimension 3000 from a garage sale (older couple selling dead beat sons stuff), but the computer has a password.

The password comes up right after initial boot up sequence. I've been told by some PC people that that password is the BIOS password and it cannot be bypassed.

Is there a way to disable this password?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • sosguy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You could try pulling the battery off the motherboard for at least 15 min. to see if it will clear the bios. If not there are jumpers next to the battery that if pulled and put on a different way will clear the bios.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Dell Dimension 3000 Bios

• 3 years ago

For Dell Dimension 3000, the jumper is at the bottom right hand side of the motherboard.

• mataya
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

verify your cable connections to make specific you have the main suitable pin alignment on the two the CD and the no longer hardship-free tension. additionally verify the jumpers on the two drives to ascertain they are the two interior the Cable pick place or interior the grasp place. in case you experience the could desire to reset the BIOS then you definately will could desire to pull the battery from the motherboard, after disconnecting the equipment from any AC means source. pass away the battery out for greater or less 10 minutes and then reinstall and means up the equipment. good success.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try the following to see if it's helpful:

1) Turn the computer on

2) Press F2 to enter the BIOS ( a grey screen should come up)

3) Turn on caps lock,scroll lock and num lock on your keybord

4) Press Alt +E then Alt +F then Alt +B

• 1 decade ago

ok when you turn you computer on hold down the delete key,if that does not work take the side panel off and remove the battery for no less than 5 minutes,or-http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.h...

• 4 years ago

reset my lapt

op bios

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.