Is calling 555 1212 on my land line for directory assistance free?

I was boared and just messing with the phone. And I knew that dialing the area code then 555 1212 will give you Directory Assistance. But I just dialed 555 1212 without the area code. And it said it was aspound directory assistance. So I guess that the real question is if Aspound directory assistance is free or... show more I was boared and just messing with the phone. And I knew that dialing the area code then 555 1212 will give you Directory Assistance. But I just dialed 555 1212 without the area code. And it said it was aspound directory assistance. So I guess that the real question is if Aspound directory assistance is free or not. I also called it with the area code and got "Automated directory assistance" But if I dial regular 411, then I get Wave Broadband directory assistance. The reason why I'm asking is becasue it said it was automated, and it sounded like a text to speech voice.