Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Discover

  • 3
    Upvotes of all answers in this question
  • 18
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Can I go to the ER for a potentially cancerous mole?

    I have stupidly neglected it for years and fear it may be a case of advanced melanoma, as it checks many of the boxes.

    I have to wait over a week for a doctor’s appointment and then months for a dermatologist referral, so I am wondering if the ER could get me to see a dermatologist sooner. Thanks.

    7 Answers1 week ago
  • 7
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Could it be gallbladder cancer?

    I had a gallstone three years ago, and didn’t do anything with it since the doctor said leave it alone. Now I have lots of pain, and the test showed I have a gallstone about the same size of the last one, but with multiple stones surrounding it. 

    5 Answers1 week ago
  • 4
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Can someone have stage 4 colon cancer with out any alarming symptoms?

    I’ve been reading so many stories about how people have found out they had stage 4 Colon cancer because they went to the ER due to constipation and that’s it... no blood, no severe stomach pain (basically no overall stage 4 symptoms)...how can this happen???

    6 Answers1 week ago
  • 7
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Can someone biopsy a gallstone?

    Favorite Answer:

    Everything that is removed is looked at closely.

    4 Answers1 week ago
  • 5
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Could this be colon cancer? Or IBS?

    I am a 21 year old female with no family history of cancer. My mom has celiac disease and her mom (my grandma) has severe diverticulitis. My stomach issues began in November 2018 (my freshman year of college). The issues went away for a while but came back recently. I have frequent episodes of alternating constipation and diarrhea (sometimes in the same day), I've had small amounts of bright red blood on the toilet paper (but not recently), lots of lower abdominal cramping (almost always the lower left quadrant), and feeling of incomplete bowel movements. I am also extremely gassy and pass gas literally all day (sometimes up to 70 or 80 times per day) and I have cramps after bowel movements. I went to my GP and she ordered a CBC/Chem bloodwork (normal), abdominal X-ray (normal), fecal lactoferrin (negative), and fecal occult blood test (negative). I have struggled with health anxiety and hypochondria for years and I am absolutely convinced and terrified that I have colon cancer. My GP assured me that I likely do not have cancer and this is very likely IBS brought about by stress from college and my diet considering my family history and symptoms. I have also not lost any weight since my symptoms began in 2018 and I am not anemic. My main concern is the lower left abdominal cramping/pressure/pain. I am convinced that it is a tumor. If it were cancer, wouldn't they probably have found it by now? I am so concerned and I am convinced that it is cancer. Thank you in advance!

    5 Answers2 weeks ago
  • 22
    Upvotes of all answers in this question
    Attachment image

    Does this look like breast cancer?

    Favorite Answer:

    The risk of breast cancer for a female aged between 15 and 20 is 1 in 1,300,000.

    You are nearly 3 times more likely to be hit by lightning than get breast cancer at your age.

    Average age at diagnosis is 62.

    Breast cancer does not look like spots on the skin. The photo looks like acne or some other similar skin problem.

    5 Answers3 weeks ago
  • 8
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Could I have colon cancer at age 20? Please help!?

    Favorite Answer:

    with this kind of history, we usually refer such cases to general surgeons, not for surgery; but because such complaints fall under General Surgery (it is how medicine is divided).. having said that, i can only deduce that what you have is Celiac Disease.. first, your mom has it, and 1 in 10 people becomes Celiac with a Celiac parent.. also 20% of people who are Celiacs, do not see improvement with Celiac diet (meaning = if you switch to Gluten free diet (Celiac diet), there is 80% chance that the diet would help with your symptoms).. about 20% of people with Celiac Disease would progress to IBD inflammatory bowel disease (usually Ulcerative Colitis but sometimes Crohn's).. IBD is commonly associated with Anal Fissures; IBD can produce those fissures that presented with Frank Bleed (bright red blood dripping while passing stool..).. and about 10% of cases, the Celiac Disease test would be negative.. this is why we refer such cases for endoscopy..`

    `

    now.. it is unlikely to be cancer because you are in the wrong age group.. it is like saying that "a 5 years old is capable of murdering his mother" -- but before you get comfortable, a 5 years old boy accidently shot his mother few years ago while he was playing with a gun he found in her purse.. it is highly improbable but not 100% impossible.. and to suspect cancer, you'd have strong family history of cancers in your family (a parent, an uncle or aunt or a sibling), such as breast cancers, Colorectal cancers and pancreatic cancers.. `

    `

    `

    the diagnosis (any diagnosis) is made via blood tests and via endoscopic investigations.. Xrays can sometimes detect IBD (but not so often), but its main use is to exclude bowel obstructions caused by conditions such as Diverticulosis (different from Diverticulitis that you grandma had).. HOWEVER, the more valuable investigation is endoscopic investigations, which includes Colonoscopy and/or OGDS (EGD in American spelling).. with endoscopy, doctors can visualize the problem and take samples when needed: it can diagnose cancers, IBD, Diverticulitis, Celiac Disease etc etc etc.. some institutions have small cameras shaped like a large pill that you can swallow, that take photos as it travels downward, but not all institutions/clinics have that.. `

    `

    `

    what i see is a normal progression of a case with this set of problems.. first try to treat common and simple conditions, such as Acute Gastritis and an Anal Fissure.. when the first course of treatment had failed, then move to the next level of investigation and treatment.. now, in your history, you mentioned that you have seen multiple GPs, which is a bad thing, because all GPs will start from square one and start to treat for common and simple conditions.. my point is.. do NOT be too quick to switch between doctors, because the next doctor will always start the investigation from level one..`

    `

    `

    we Doctors subscribe to Occom's Razor that is taught in medical schools.. we do not prescribe expensive and uncommon investigations and treatment without exploring the common and the less expensive ones first.. so trust the system and be patient.. and.. and all the best..

    6 Answers3 weeks ago
  • 14
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Other than fasting, what other natural approaches are there to eliminating cancer cells?

    Fasting can destroy cancer cells, and I've also heard that an alkaline diet and turmeric and eating zero sugar can destroy all cancer cells in the body. Any other tips?

    5 Answers3 weeks ago
  • 7
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Will there ever be a cure for cancer ?

    I personally think there won’t be sadly because every cancer is unique and every DNA is unique. Not all cancers are the same, there are over 100 sorts of cancer. Perhaps there will be a cure in the future but it would be highly difficult cause like I said all cancers and DNA’s are different. I doubt there will be a cure, it’s not a single same disease for everyone. Luckily we have at least for now chemotherapy, radiation, surgeries and some types of medicines for the disease. In the past before all that, cancer was basically a death sentence so thank goodness for modern medicine and technology. 

    8 Answers1 month ago
  • 17
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Do doctors have the right to just tell patients not to do a certain thing?

    Favorite Answer:

    They can suggest it, and hopefully provide information on how to avoid doing it.

    Smoking is bad; this is hardly news. It slows healing, so smokers have a worse outcome after surgery for example.

    7 Answers1 month ago
  • 10
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    operation for lip cancer / a wise choice?

    I have squamous cell carcinoma ( lip cancer) am 77 years od , i have had type 2 diabetes for over 30 years / high blood pressure / spnal arthiritis/prostate problems/ocasional ches t pains/and difficult breathing / imballance - missing toes on both feet (diabetes) very poor vision (diabetes) and my surgeon wants to operate on the cancer on my lip . As i mentioned i am 77 years old and have a biological age of about 80 - 2.5 yeas to go . is getting an operation a wise choice giving all the above conditions of my health . Your comments gratefully appreciated.

    6 Answers1 month ago
  • 7
    Upvotes of all answers in this question
  • 12
    Upvotes of all answers in this question
  • 9
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    I AM BEGGING YOU. PLEASE TELL ME I'M JUST OVERREACTING AND I DIDNT DO SOMETHING EXTREMELY UNFORGIVABLE OR BAD? ?

    Favorite Answer:

    If this question is legitimate, I understand what you are going through.  If it`s just a very stupid Troll, then you are a sick person that needs help.  I`ll answer your request as if it is legit.  I hope it is.  Your guilt comes from feeling that you betrayed your significant other, and in  a sense, you did, but it wasn`t anywhere close to being as serious as your conscience has made it out to be.  OCD?  Possibly, but it doesn`t really matter.  I`m 75 yrs. old and have been with my wife for almost 55 yrs.  During that span of time we have probably liked and loved each other 95% of the time.  We`ve disliked/hated each other for the other 5% of the time.  Not a lot of in between where love is concerned.  I imagine that on the date of that Yahoo question you posted was one of the days you hated him.  When we are really mad at our partners we frequently obsess a bit about what they did to piss you off.  Your incident probably happened on one of those days when we wake up mad and your patience tank is on empty.  It happens to everybody!  Forgiveness is the key.  My wife and I both apologize when we know we were over reacting or just plain wrong.  I see nothing outrageous in the way you reacted that day.  My advice for you is to talk to your partner.  Pick a time when you both are in good moods.  Tell him what you did, why you did it at that particular time, and how you have felt about it ever since.  Apologize to him.  He won`t be nearly as upset as you have been ever since it happened.  I very much doubt that he`ll think it was a big deal or a real betrayal.  We, everybody, say things we don`t really mean when we are angry.  I`m sure that that is how he will think of it.  So, talk to him and clear the air.  Get rid of this obsession you have.  That`s the only way to get passed this.  The reality here is that it wasn`t a big deal to start with.  Your conscience has turned this into a much bigger deal than it actually was.  Some times confession is good for the soul.  

    7 Answers1 month ago
  • 3
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Does breast inflammation always mean cancer?

    I noticed difference in my breast. I have scaly rashes that bleed easily, soft bumps, and hard lumps under the bumps. I wanted to get it checked so my gyno ordered a sonogram. It showed no signs of cancer but inflammation was shown. I'm really scared.

    5 Answers1 month ago
  • 6
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Scared I might be sick are have cancer ?

    I have noticed little things I don’t know what’s going on with me but my hair is starting to fall out not noticeable but I notice it , also I can barley eat I eat and still gain weight but I eat lesser than I use to , also I poop a lot like 5 or 6 times a day Everytime I eat a large portion of food I go and poop it’s got to the point where I be in the bathroom all the time I’m 18 and I’m really scared someone please help me 

    4 Answers1 month ago
  • 6
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    What to believe?

    My mom is in a serious condition in the hospital, she has end stage cancer. She is has difficulty breathing and communicating. She is also on painkillers. One of the senior doctor told us she has  few weeks to 3 months to live. The next day another doctor told us she has Less than 6 months. And later on another doctor told us she has 6 to 12 months to live. Honestly I don’t really care what this doctors are saying, I just want her to be comfortable and painless. But the thing is right now she needs palliative care. We decided to speak with the primary care doctor. The thing is how can they keep giving us hope and than crushing them?

    4 Answers1 month ago
  • 6
    Upvotes of all answers in this question

    Swollen lymph nodes for over 2 months?

    My postauricular lymph nodes are swollen and have been for a couple months. First it was just one lump, now it's one lump and two smaller ones. Should I visit a doctor? What could this be? 

    5 Answers2 months ago
  • 12
    Upvotes of all answers in this question
Ask