Chloe, this is abuse. he is preventing you from living the life you want. is he your father or your partner? what happens if you don't listen to him. you seem to want to submit but have issues with it. I'm a lover of BDSM how am i to know this isn't what you want. if it is what you want then no this...
Best answer: Chloe, this is abuse. he is preventing you from living the life you want. is he your father or your partner? what happens if you don't listen to him. you seem to want to submit but have issues with it. I'm a lover of BDSM how am i to know this isn't what you want. if it is what you want then no this isn't abuse.
Emotional abuse is used to control and dominate the other person, do you feel controlled and dominated. i mean you can't leave the house. do you want to?
here are 30 signs.
1. They humiliate you, put you down, or make fun of you in front of other people.
2. They regularly demean or disregard your opinions, ideas, suggestions, or needs.
3. They use sarcasm or “teasing” to put you down or make you feel bad about yourself.
4. They accuse you of being “too sensitive” in order to deflect their abusive remarks.
5. They try to control you and treat you like a child. <-- this one sounds like you for sure!!! at least from what you typed.
6. They correct or chastise you for your behavior. <-- this one too!!!
7. You feel like you need permission to make decisions or go out somewhere. <-- you really said those words.
8. They try to control the finances and how you spend money. <-- that also sounjds like what you typed.
9. They belittle and trivialize you, your accomplishments, or your hopes and dreams.
10. They try to make you feel as though they are always right, and you are wrong. <-- yeah this one too.
11. They give you disapproving or contemptuous looks or body language.
12. They regularly point out your flaws, mistakes, or shortcomings.
13. They accuse or blame you of things you know aren't true.
14. They have an inability to laugh at themselves and can't tolerate others laughing at them.
15. They are intolerant of any seeming lack of respect.
16. They make excuses for their behavior, try to blame others, and have difficulty apologizing. <-- blaming your friend
17. The repeatedly cross your boundaries and ignore your requests. <-- you never mentioned if you have boundries so who knows
18. They blame you for their problems, life difficulties, or unhappiness.
19. They call you names, give you unpleasant labels, or make cutting remarks under their breath.
20. They are emotionally distant or emotionally unavailable most of the time.
21. They resort to pouting or withdrawal to get attention or attain what they want.
22. They don't show you empathy or compassion. <-- dose he do this
23. They play the victim and try to deflect blame to you rather than taking personal responsibility.
24. They disengage or use neglect or abandonment to punish or frighten you. <-- not sure
25. They don't seem to notice or care about your feelings. <-- clearly unless this is what you want
26. They view you as an extension of themselves rather than as an individual.
27. They withhold sex as a way to manipulate and control.
28. They share personal information about you with others.
29. They invalidate or deny their emotionally abusive behavior when confronted. <-- thats a good one. my spouse i thought was doing this so when i called him out he said sorry he can see how that would be and his behavoir changed to reflect that i didn't tell him to stop i just said i don't like how your treating me.
30. They make subtle threats or negative remarks with the intent to frighten or control you.
4 days ago