I'm trapped in a catch-22. An operation corrected many of the pre-existing conditions that caused my insurance premiums to initially sky-rocket. But apparently, the operation itself is now considered a "pre-existing" condition; leaving me healthy, but essentially non-insurable at reasonable rates. My current policy costs more than 50% of my income, not including co-pays or deductibles.
My anticipated income is too high to expect government assistance in purchasing an ACA covered policy, but that isn't my major concern. I'm shopping for a more reasonably priced policy than the one I currently have. Must I wait until the end of 2014 to find one that will cover me?