Answers have to be at least 3-5 sentences. Please be as specific as you can, and cite sources.
What is the relevance of the 1963 Birmingham and its importance to the struggle against racial segregation?
How does the title of MLKJ's book, Why We Can't Wait, tie in to this period in history?
MLKJ gave is "I have a dream" speech to a crowd gathered n Washington, D.C. Discuss how King structured this text, how his point of view was reflected in this work, and the impact of the language he chose to use.
How did MLK education and career choice influence the decisions he made in organizing and planning various non violent movements?2 AnswersCivic Participation7 years ago
I know what the nouns are in the sentences, but I was wondering do you also highlight the adjectives ? Can there be both predicate nouns an adjectives in the same sentence ?
10. My uncle was a great baseball player in the 1940's.
12. Bozo is a pedigreed dog with papers to prove it.
24. Sally is the hardest worker on the committee.1 AnswerHomework Help8 years ago
25. Two planes leave El Paso at 6:00 a.m., one flying east at a speed 20 km/h greater than the one traveling west. At 8:0 a.m. the planes are 1960 km apart. Find their speeds.
26. Exactly 30 minutes after Rosa entered the highway, her sister entered the highway and traveled in the same direction. Rosa drove at 48 mph and Juanita drove at 60 mph. How long did it take Juanita to catch up to Rosa?
27. Linda runs at 8.5 m/s and Gayle runs at 8 m/s. On a race track Gayle is given a 20 m head start and the race ends in a tie. How long is the track?
28. A rectangle is twice as long as it is wide. If its length is increased by 6 inches and its width is decreased by 2 inches, its area is increased by 12 inches2. Find its original dimensions.
29. A patio is twice as long as it is wide. It is bordered on all sides by a garden one meter wide. If the area of the garden is 94 m2, find the width of the patio.
30. A rectangle is three times as long as it is wide. If the length and width are both decreased by 3 cm, its area is decreased by 75 cm2. Find its original dimensions.
31. From problem number 30: What is the area of the new rectangle? _________________________Mathematics8 years ago
1. A cargo plane left London and flew toward Las Vegas. A passenger plane left four hours later flying 120 km/h faster in an effort to catch up to it. After seven hours the passenger plane finally caught up. What was the cargo plane's average speed?
2. Shreya traveled to the train station and back. It took one hour less time to get there than it did to get back. The average speed on the trip there was 40 km/h. The average speed on the way back was 32 km/h. How many hours did the trip there take?
3. Ndiba drove to the ferry office and back. It took one hour less time to get there than it did to get back. The average speed on the trip there was 48 km/h. The average speed on the way back was 40 km/h. How many hours did the trip there take?
5. Jessica left the science museum one hour before Amy. They traveled in opposite directions. Amy traveled at 58 km/h for three hours. After this time they were 294 km apart. What was Jessica's speed?
5. Lea and Kim left home at the same time. They traveled in opposite directions. Kim traveled 50 km/h faster than Lea. After one hour they were 100 km apart. Find Lea's speed.1 AnswerMathematics8 years ago
49. 5 times the quantity x plus 6
50. twice the quantity y minus 8
51. the product of -15 and the quantity x minus 5
52. 32 divided by the quantity y plus 12
53. -8 times the quantity 4 decreased by w
54. the quantity x plus 9 times the quantity 7 minus x
Please solve the following system of equations :
13. y = 2x + 3
5x - y = -3
14. 6x - 3y = -33
2x + y = -1
15. 2x - y = 7
3x - 2y = 10
16. 4x = 8y
2x + 5y = 27
17. x + 3y = -4
y + x = 0
18. 3x + 2y = 9
x + y = 3
19. 2y - 3x = 4
x = -4
Answers only please !!5 AnswersMathematics8 years ago
Is there any specifications about a given equation that I can use to say yes or no ?
Determine whether y varies directly as x. If so, find the constant of variation.
4. y = 4/9x
5. y = -1.2x
6. y + 4x = 0
7. y - 3x = 1
8. y = 3x
9. y + 2 = x
10. y - 3/5x = 0
11. y = -3.5x + 73 AnswersMathematics8 years ago
For each direct variation, find the constant of variation. Then find the value
of y when x = 3.
1. y = (3/4) when x = (1/8)
2. y = (-3/8) when x = (-2/3)
Write an equation for direct variation .
1. (6, 2)
2. (-1.5, 9)
3. (-5, 90)
4. (7, 30
5. (-1, -2/3)
6. (3/5, -7/2)
7. (10, 25)
8. (3, 165)
Please help !! Best answer awarded 10 pts !4 AnswersMathematics8 years ago
Find the slope of the following :
1. 5x - y = -7
2. x - 2/3y = 1/4
3. through (4, -1) and (-2, -3)
4. through (3, -5) and (1, 2)
Find slope and intercepts of each line :
1. 3x - 4y = 12
2. f(x) = 4/5x + 7
Write an equation for each line :
1. through (-1, 3) and parallel to y = 2x + 1
2. through (2, 2) and perpendicular to y = -3/5x + 2
3. through (-3, 4) and vertical
4. through (4, 1) and horizontal
PLEASE HELP !! 10 POINTS !!
You don't have to answer all , just as much as you can please !!4 AnswersMathematics8 years ago
Use your simulation to find each experimental probability.
1. If you guess the answers at random, what is the probability of getting at
least three correct answers on a four-question true-false quiz?
2. A five-question multiple-choice quiz has four choices for each answer.
If you guess the answers at random, what is the probability of getting
at least four correct answers?
PLEASE HELP !1 AnswerMathematics8 years ago
The one near a power distribution center or
The one near a power plant ?1 AnswerEngineering9 years ago
here's the question ;
The O'Malley family is driving cross country to see their cousins . So far , they have traveled 272 miles . This is 1/5 of the way to their cousins' house . How far do the O'Malleys live from their cousins ?
Please helpp and me explain !2 AnswersMathematics9 years ago
I really love this effect but I have no idea how to make it . Help pleasee . ;1 AnswerMakeup9 years ago
help me out a little ? im having a big test nd i have no idea on what to do ? how do i find slope ? make an equation ? whats the y intercept ?! ahhh , here are some problems maybe yu can help me ?
y - x = -7
equation = ________ slope = _________ y-intercept = _________
2y + 6 = 4x
equation = ________ slope = _________ y-intercept = _________
and here , it says i have to determine the x and y intercepts and i have to write the ordered pairs . ahh , what to do what to do ?! heeelp !
y = 2x + 3
x-intercept (__,__) y-intercept (__,__)4 AnswersMathematics10 years ago