The volume of the ellipsoid formed when this region is revolved about the y-axis is 4/3πa2b. What is the volume when the region is revolved about the x-axis?1 AnswerMathematics9 years ago
The position function of a particle moving along the x-axis is given below, where A, B, and k are positive con?
x(t) = Ae^(kt) + Be^(−kt)
(a) During what times t is the particle closest to the origin?
(b) Show that the acceleration of the particle is proportional to the position of the particle. What is the constant of proportionality? (pick one)
1. What is the dominant conflict in the mayor of Casterbridge (MOC)?
2. What seals Henchard’s fate?
3. What are the circumstances that help ensure Henchard’s downfall?
4. Which animal images relate to Henchard?
5. What is Henchard’s tragic flaw?
6. Who is Henchard’s foil character?
7. Which characters reject Henchard at some point in MOC?
8. How does Hardy view fate?
9. How did hardy classify MOC?
10. What characteristics do Lucetta and Henchard share?
11. What symbolizes a grim means of Henchard’s salvation?1 AnswerHomework Help9 years ago
Use the position function s(t) = -12t^2 + 400, which gives the height (in feet) of an object that has fallen for t seconds from a height of 400 feet on a particular planet. The velocity at time t = a seconds is given by the following.
limit of (s(a)-s(t))/(a-t) as t approaches a
a) If a construction worker drops a wrench from a height of 400 feet, when will the wrench hit the ground?
b) At what velocity will the wrench impact the ground? (Round your answer to the nearest integer.)
I know that the above function can be simplified to sin(9x)/x, but I do not know where to go from there. I don't need and answer I need an explanation.
- 3 AnswersGeography10 years ago