What was one cause of the civil rights movement following World War II?
A. Whites recognized the
unjustness of the inequality between the races.
B. Blacks returned from military service to find JimCrow laws still in place.
C. The government had passed some legislation that started the process.
D.Students at major universities began to advocate for civil rights.1 AnswerHomework Help4 years ago
What is Charles’s law?
State the definition of the law in words.
What are the assumptions of Charles’s law?
Write mathematical equations that represent the law.
What can be calculated with Charles’s law?
Using a gas-filled balloon as an example, describe what happens to the gas molecules that behave according to Charles’s law.1 AnswerChemistry4 years ago
. Besides the major types of radioactive decay, there are two others: positron emission and electron capture.
• Compare and contrast positrons with electrons.
• Explain how positron emission works and how it causes transmutations.
• Explain how electron capture works and how it causes transmutations.
• Compare the transmutations caused by positron emissions and electron capture.1 AnswerHomework Help4 years ago
- 5 AnswersMathematics5 years ago
- 1 AnswerMathematics5 years ago
Consider the following reaction occurring in a closed chemical system. Assume that this reaction is at equilibrium and that in general the reaction to the right is favored.
CH3CH2OH + 3O2 2CO2 + 3H2O ∆H = –1,235 kJ/mol
What type of chemical reaction is this?
If more CH3CH2OH is added to the system, how will the reactions shift to reach equilibrium again?
If water is extracted from the system, how will the reactions shift to reach equilibrium again?
If heat is removed from the system, how will the reactions shift to reach equilibrium again?
What is the name of the principle that helps you predict each of these shifts in equilibrium?
Consider the following reaction, which is carried out at 300 K:
CH3CH2OH + 3O2 → 2CO2 + 3H2O ∆H = –1,235 kJ/mol and ∆S = +0.22kJ/mol•K
1) What is the value of ∆G? Show your work.
2) Classify the reaction as spontaneous or non spontaneous.
3) Suggest why the value for ∆S is positive in this reaction.