Here is my theory. I will introduce some scientific axioms which should prove the possibility of ghosts and ESP.
1) Energy can neither be created or destroyed, it can only be altered..
2) Electricity is the energy that animates the human body.
3) When a person dies, the energy cannot be destroyed so it must be changed or remain the same.
4) It is a known fact that an energy field can leave a residual trace of itself. That can be detected by sensitive equipment and even some people and animals are sensitive to these fields.
5) If the energy remains, why would it not be possible for the energy to retain a similar form to its original body? If it is not altered it must retain its original form.
6) Thought is the reaction of electricity in neurons in the brain.( There is that energy again).
7) As I have established, the energy must change, or it must remain the same.
8) If the energy remains, it is possible for that energy to remain sentient( since it can't be destroyed,it can remain the same).
This would allow the possibility ( maybe even require ) ghost to exist.( conservation of energy)
1) See # 1 above.
2 )See # 6 above.
3) It is well known an energy field can have a major effect on physical structures. Magnets can attract many types of matter( even moving them, from a distance). Light bulbs can be lit just by placing the in an electrical field.
4) Energy can be transmitted through air and even empty space(radio waves are a good example,as are light waves)
5) Since we have established #s 1,2,3, and 4 as scientific fact, it is not unreasonable to assume the energy in the brain could be transmitted outside the brain.
6) If the energy could be transmitted outside of the brain, it is not unreasonable to believe it could react with other energy fields and even physical matter.
7) If that happens, we have ESP in all its forms, even precognition.
8) Time is a dimension just like height,length, and width. Since energy can traverse the other dimensions, it is logical to assume it can traverse time also.
This should prove the possibility of ESP( again may even require it)
There, long winded I know, is a scientific consideration of paranormal phenomena. While it does not provide absolute proof, I feel is gives a basis for the scientific study of these manifestations.
I would encourage responses, indicating if my method is correct or not correct. Please no irrational answers. I have presented a carefully thought out theory and would like carefully thought out responses. Thank you for your time.