Age: 35 Location: Florida, USA Gender: Male I don't answer on here anymore because I reached Level 7 and there's nothing more to accomplish.
It's been my goal to work at the front desk in an on-site Disney resort, and I recently found that there are openings at the Dolphin resort.
Has anyone ever worked at the Swan or Dolphin? If so, are the salary and benefits different than they would be in a Disney hotel (the Dolphin is owned by Mariott)? Is the atmosphere not as Disney-oriented? Anything anyone can tell me about working in either resort would be greatly appreciated.1 AnswerOrlando8 years ago
I will be going on vacation to Disney (Orlando) in October and will be visiting the casting center. At the very least, I would like to get my foot in the door for job opportunities.
Does the Casting Center accept walk-ins, or do you need to schedule an appointment/interview ahead of time?
Thanks.3 AnswersOrlando8 years ago
I currently have an enV3 (Verizon). The browsing capabilities stink and there are no apps. Only texting is a breeze.
I would like to get an iPhone soon. Should I go this weekend and get the iPhone 4 or wait a few months for the iPhone 5? I've never had an iPhone before, so to me, there isn't a heck of a difference between the two.
So, suffer for three months or bite the bullet and get one now?4 AnswersCell Phones & Plans10 years ago
Simple question, I suppose, since the fantasy drafts are either happening or coming up.
I ranked the majority of the players by position, and am now working on starters. My friend says King Felix is Top 5. Yahoo! says he is 3rd. I have him 9th. Why? Lack of wins.
My top 9 are this:
4. Wainwright (yes, I know he's hurt. Still decided to rank them as if he weren't)
So, where do you have King Felix? Explain your position. Try to sway me to move Felix ahead of Grienke (awesome now that he's in the NL), Lester (Sox are great team, Ks a lot), or Sabathia (could still win 18 games) or someone else.
GO!2 AnswersFantasy Sports10 years ago
He had many on the show, some better than others. So, who was your favorite?
Bonus Question (mostly for guys but anyone can answer): Which one of his girlfriends was the most attractive/hottest?
My answers: favorite = Ellen (played by Christine Taylor...the "loser" though there was nothing wrong with her)
Hottest = either Amanda Peete, Courteney Cox (though I like her better with long hair), Christine Taylor, or Teri Hatcher. Tough to choose.
Here's a list if you need help: http://www.seinology.com/lists/list-jerry.shtml4 AnswersComedy10 years ago
Please don't say Paul Rudd, because he was in several episodes. Keep it limited to someone who was in three or fewer episodes.
My favorite would have to be Bruce Willis. He was hilarious as Paul (Elizabeth's father).
Who was your favorite and why?6 AnswersComedy10 years ago
A few years back, I wrote a lengthy detailed rhyming poem about baseball (and playing baseball when I was younger). I still have it, and I think it would make a decent children's book, as it would only be about 20 pages (including illustrations). A child who is a baseball fan might like it.
So, my question is: who do I go about contacting to maybe turn this into a book? Do I contact a publisher? I do not want to enter poetry competitions or anything because that's lame (no offense). Yes, this might be lame too, but I could make money off of this.
I live in Central NJ. Any ideas how to turn this into some kind of best-seller? I'm kidding, but how do I move forward?2 AnswersPoetry10 years ago
How do you like living in Florida? I realize it's hot there during the summer and warm most of the year (outside of summer), but do you enjoy the environment? Are the people nice? Good places to visit?
The reason I ask is because I'm considering getting a job in DisneyWorld in Orlando. I currently live in New Jersey, and am wondering if it would be worth it. I realize the pay and salaries aren't that great, but that's for another discussion.2 AnswersOrlando10 years ago
I'm a huge "Friends" fan and have been watching "Rules of Engagement" from the beginning. "Rules", for those who don't know, features five people: a married couple, engaged couple, and single guy.
Anyway, for those who watch(ed) both shows, have you ever noticed the similarities in some of the storylines? For example:
- Jeff doesn't like food getting taken off of his plate (JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!)
- Adam once carried around a bag that looked like a purse (again, Joey)
- Jennifer wanted to have sex with Adam when she was sick (Monica and Chandler, respectively)
- Jeff and Audrey might use a surrogate to have a child, and they met her in person (Chandler, Monica, and Erica, respectively)
Here's the "Rules" episode guide if you don't believe me: http://www.tv.com/rules-of-engagement/show/58087/e...
So, for those who watch both shows, have you ever noticed this?9 AnswersComedy1 decade ago
That would be Season 35. Some of my favorites:
"Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?" (Kenan as Steve Harvey butchering every question and answer. Host: Gabourey Sibide)
"Eternal Spark of Love" (Kenan monitors budding romance. Host: Taylor Lautner)
"CSI: Sarasota" (two retirees solve 'crimes' in a nursing home. Host: Betty White)
Many of the digital shorts (favorite: "Shy Ronnie)
Most of the Pete Twinkle / Greg Stink skits (ESPN Classic)
"The Situation Room" (Tiger Woods gives an apology speech with wife Elin. Host: Blake Lively)
"Vincent Price Christmas Special" (James Dean and Katherine Hepburn drop by. Host: James Franco)
"Hamm & Buble" (Jon Hamm and Michael Buble open up an odd restaurant)
Also, who was your favorite host OUTSIDE OF Betty White. I know most of you would say her. Mine would be Blake Lively. Funny skits in that episode.
Here the episodes and skits on tv.com: http://www.tv.com/saturday-night-live/show/365/epi...2 AnswersComedy1 decade ago
I currently have a Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Basketball league. On my Y! Fantasy homepage, basketball is listed first. However, being a huge baseball fan, I would like baseball to be at the top of the list.
To change this, you click on "Edit" in the "Teams and Leagues" bar (found on your Y! Fantasy homepage). The problem is that when I try to change the order my fantasy teams are listed in (and the 'sports news' order, as well), nothing happens. I click on "Baseball" to highlight it and click the up arrow to the right of it. When this is done, everything stays the same. All four arrows on this page (up, down, left, and right) do not work for me.
This has nothing to do with my computer. I have tried it on two other computers and nothing happens.
So, 2 questions: does anyone else have this problem? And, how does one go about fixing this problem?2 AnswersFantasy Sports1 decade ago
So I went to Disney for, oh, the sixth time or so in September and, as always, loved it. The potential problem is that I loved it too much. The weather was good, the people were nice, everyone was happy. I've begun to question if I should follow through on a new ambition and see what's cooking in the job market for Disney.
I know there are a few people in this section who have worked at Disney, and I have a few questions:
- Was it difficult to get a job with Disney? I mean, was the process rigorous?
- Did you enjoy working with Disney?
- I would love to work in the parks (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc.). If you worked in the parks, what is your reaction? More difficult that people let on? Very enjoyable?
- If I couldn't work in the parks (of course, assuming I got hired), I would like to work in one of the on-site resorts (love Port Orleans). Has anyone here worked in the resorts?
I guess what I really want to know is whether or not you enjoyed it, whether you would recommend working there, and whether or not the process is too painstaking. But, at the end of the day, was it worth it? And, perhaps most importantly, how can I get started?8 AnswersOrlando1 decade ago
OK, so the CSI Trilogy has aired. My thoughts:
I was a little disappointed. The storyline was good, but:
- Why choose Ray Langston (Laurence Fishburne) to go to the cities? I know I'm not the only one who thought Catherine or Nick (much more popular characters) should have been the focus. Perhaps CBS wanted to hype up Langston?
- It's not really a crossover if only one character goes to two other cities. In my mind, a true crossover would have been Langston going to Miami, Langston AND Horatio going to New York, and all three (including Mac Taylor) heading back to Vegas. OR it could have been Langston going to Miami, Horatio to New York, and Mac Taylor going to Vegas (Taylor has never been to Vegas; Horatio has been to New York before).
- At the end of the Miami part, they commented about this new gang that was going to be impossible to take down (might have started with a "Z"). Anyway, there isn't a mention of the gang throughout the rest of the trilogy.
- What happened to the trucker who transported Madeline Briggs to Vegas last night? Did they get him, but it wasn't shown in order to save time?
Thoughts/comments on CSI Trilogy? Out of 10, I would give it a 6 or 7. You?6 AnswersDrama1 decade ago
...in the Olympics?
SV %: 941
Yes, I know we have quite a ways to go before the Olympics start. He could hit a bad streak...he could get hurt...he could decline playing in the Olympics.
But, if all things hold steady, will Ryan Miller be the netminder for Team USA?
Go Team USA and GO SABRES!14 AnswersHockey1 decade ago
Juan C. Rodriguez asked the question in the Florida Sentinel (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_baseball_marl... so I'll do the same here.
Should the Marlins trade Uggla this offseason or keep him? Keeping him would mean Chris Coghlan plays the outfield next year (most likely); trading Uggla means moving Coghlan to 2B and giving Cameron Maybin a chance to play everyday.
My opinion: trade Uggla. Coghlan looks to be a beast...in a full season, he'll hit .300 and may go 15/15 or even 20/20. Uggla strikes out way too much and his batting average is too low.
Thoughts from the Marlins fans and/or baseball fans and/or fantasy fans (I picked up Coghlan last week...thus, the reason for the question).7 AnswersBaseball1 decade ago
OK, so the backstory is this: this guy watched TV on end for 84 consecutive hours trying to set some sort of record. The show he watched was "Friends." By the end of his run, he began to hallucinate and have various ailments.
Article here: http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/08/07/guy-watches-ever...
My question is: would you be able to do this? Doesn't have to be "Friends"..it could be your favorite show, whatever it is. "CSI," "True Blood," "Frasier," "Scrubs"...doesn't matter the genre. Could you honestly sit there for 84 hours (let's say) and watch your favorite show?
Me? I could not. At some point, I would have to get up and go outside to find out whether the world is still there or not. I don't even think I could watch "Friends" or "Scrubs" (my two favorite shows) for 5 hours straight, let alone 84.
Thoughts/comments?3 AnswersPolls & Surveys1 decade ago
Yes, I know...tough question if you don't know me at all, but here are the facts:
I currently have a T-Mobile flip phone with no camera, no QWERTY keyboard, and no apps. I've had it for about four years now, and I believe I need to get into this century technologically.
A friend of mine has a Blackberry Curve, complete with camera, QWERTY keyboard, Internet capability, apps, etc. It looks great and I have heard positive things about it from two different people. Best Buy apparently has that type of phone rather cheap ($150, including plan, I think).
So, for those who have the Blackberry Curve, do you like it? Do you wish you had another phone, or are you satisfied (ex: another co-worker had one of the new phones and sold it as soon as he got it..it was so bad).
If it matters, I'm a 24 year-old male. I text a fair amount and would love Internet capability wherever I go. T-Mobile's service sucks, and people can actually get Verizon where I work.
Thanks.1 AnswerCell Phones & Plans1 decade ago
OK, so I'm a huge "Friends" fan and have seen almost every episode. My favorite season is Season 10 because that's where Joey speaks French, Ross gets a tan (and another one and another one...), Phoebe gets married, and Chandler and Monica end up with twins.
I have read that Season 9 was supposed to be the show's last (it obviously wasn't) and that, after Season 10, if the actors wanted an 11th season, David Crane and Marta Kauffman would not have obliged: [from wikipedia] "Crane said that it took them a while to accept the idea of a tenth season, which they decided to do because they had enough stories left to tell to justify the season. Kauffman and Crane would not have signed on for an eleventh season, even if all the cast members had wanted to continue."
My question(s) are these:
1) If they had decided NOT to do a 10th season, how would you (or how do you think the writers would..) have ended the show? Erica (the surrogate) was not written in yet, Mike (Paul Rudd) was still a new character, Charlie (Aisha Tyler) was introduced towards the end of the 9th season, and Ross and Rachel weren't fully together. (My thoughts: they don't write in Aisha Tyler, Phoebe and Mike break up because they hadn't been dating long enough for marriage, and Chandler and Monica can actually have children without the need for a surrogate).
2) What do you think the episodes would have been about if there were a Season 11? Write about the twins or Phoebe and Mike trying to have their own children? Would they have run out of ideas? How would Season 11 (the final episode) end if Rachel is back in New York?2 AnswersComedy1 decade ago