Lv 1131 points

Mike J

Favorite Answers0%
  • Looking for 10ft lodge poles used for boy scout camp gadgets?

    Lookig for a place to buy 10 and 12 ft 2" diameter lodge poles for making camp gadgets and gateways. Our troop is in need of additional lodge poles for making these camp gadgets but could not seem to find them. Will even settle for used ones. My location is in OC California but am willing to drive a few miles to pick them up.

    4 AnswersGarden & Landscape9 years ago
  • single parent, low budget. Need easy finance on an economical car?

    Torn between buying/leasing a new/used car or fixing old vehicle again. credit rating, not the best nor the worst. Best dealer to get good financing and sells reliable cars?

    2 AnswersOther - Cars & Transportation9 years ago
  • Playing movies on home network via a Sony Tablet S?

    I am experimenting with DLNA at home.I have a sony tablet s and am trying to watch movies on the unit via my network drive. After several attempts and internet search, I realized that the movies need to be converted to MP4 format before it can play on the tablet. I also have a PS3 on my network. It plays the blue ray and dvd disks with no problem. It see's my network drive where my movies are located but it will not play it. I am guessing it will only play it if its converted to mp4? This seems like a lot of work for few movies but I like the idea of DLNA technology. I also realize that there is a lot of video conversion softwares out there but can someone recommend the best and most reliable video converter in the market? FREE is also good as long as its safe and reliable. Thanks in advance for helping :)

    3 AnswersComputer Networking9 years ago
  • reading Raid SSD drives?

    my laptop had 2 64 gig raid ssd drives that I removed from my laptop that went to pieces due to my carelessness. I want to extract my files from the drives so that I can transfer it to my new laptop. Is there an adapter I could buy to read the SSD drives? I heard that you can not read one drive only and that you need a special adapter to read both drives at one time. Where can I buy such an adapter? Thanks for your help.

    2 AnswersAdd-ons1 decade ago
  • Is there a way to take a picture from digital camera where the image goes straight to your computer?

    I am looking for a way to take pictures with my digital camera by using my laptop or computer via USB cable to directly store the images instead of the memory stick or memory card. Is there a software that can do this?

    3 AnswersPhotography1 decade ago
  • How to connect multiple monitors in different locations of a building for different functions in one computer?

    I have been presented with a challenge at work to see if I can connect 6 large monitors in different locations of a building to display specific functions for each of the monitors running on one computer. Is this even possible? If one of the monitor is located about 50 feet and the other monitor is 180 feet and another one is locate 200 feet and lets say another about 65 feet to the opposite direction, is it even possible to do all of these on one computer?

    3 AnswersComputer Networking1 decade ago
  • What is the most productive way to re-invest my 401K contributions from a former job?

    I used to work a big corporation which I used to contribute to my 401K. I ended my employment in 1989 to pursue a consulting job. Every once in a while, i get a statement on my account but since I have not been contributing to it, there is not much significant growth to the funds. I was told to move this fund t an IRA account. Is this good idea, or is there a better way or a better account to invest my funds for bigger returns?

    Your kind help in this matter is greatly appreciated

    4 AnswersPersonal Finance1 decade ago
  • I have an invention idea I would like to patent. Can anyone help"?

    I have an invention idea that I would like to patent but I don't know the proper procedures to take in order to protect it. Your input is greatly appreciated.

    3 AnswersOther - Business & Finance1 decade ago
  • Looking for a remote software to control several kiosks in my network to load daily presentations.?

    I have a project at work where I constantly change presentation datas on several kiosk stations in different locations of our building. The unfortunate part is that I have to do it manually which is cumbersome and slow. I tried a software called VNC but it has a lot of quirks, Netmeeting remote desktop sharing sort of works but the station I am connected to goes into a screen saver once I disconnect from it. I don't want to use the internet to remote to a local network station to protect company confidentiality. I just want to be able to remote into the stations, upload the presentations, run it and then disconnect from it without any complications. I have to do this everyday. Does anyone know of such a software? Thank you for your insight.

    2 AnswersComputer Networking1 decade ago
  • At what percentage do temp agencies charge their clients above the regular hourly pay to make a profit?

    I have been wondering how these temporary agencies or consulting firms determine how much to charge their clients and at what percentage rate do they charge the clients above the hourly rate that they are paying the temps or consultants? I ask this because I have been working for a consulting firm for about 9 1/2 years and it seems that they are not actually being honest with me in regards, to giving raises. I have not had a raise in 4 years siting hardship, I am not bound to them since I fulfilled my contract with them 8 years ago but at the same time I also like the place I am assigned to so much so that I put up with not having a raise for quite sometime. Some even suggested that I open my own consulting agency and work with the client. This is a great idea but i dont know how much to charge. All I know is my pay rate which I know that is not what this company charges the clients. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

    4 AnswersSmall Business1 decade ago
  • Do I need building permits to replace my windows?

    I live in a tract home made in the late 40's early 50's. all of the windows are single pane the wood framings are rotted and they are in need of replacement. Some of the windows are made from floor to ceiling in which case I might have to stucko the remainder of the outside walls when I replace the big ones with the regular sized windows. I am told by friends and some contractors that I don't need a permit to replace the windows since I am not doing any major renovations that effects the floor plan or square footage of my home. Is this true? By the wayI live in Orange County , California.

    6 AnswersDecorating & Remodeling1 decade ago