- 912Upvotes of all answers in this question146 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 675Upvotes of all answers in this question307 AnswersPolitics5 days ago
- 330Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 99Upvotes of all answers in this question
She is no stranger to making history. In 2017 she became the first trans woman to appear on the cover of Vogue Paris. Two years later, she was the first openly transgender model to be hired by Victoria's Secret. Now in 2020, 23-year-old Valentina Sampaio continues to break barriers in the modeling industry by becoming the first trans woman to be featured by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.28 AnswersPolitics3 days ago
- 45Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 117Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 140Upvotes of all answers in this question45 AnswersPolitics12 hours ago
- 18Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 240Upvotes of all answers in this question
I'm extremely frustrated with the DNC for having put in one of the worst candidates they could have put it almost as if they don't want to beat Trump.
Meanwhile, I also don't want more looting and rioting in major cities, don't want more anti-white onslaught, don't want more cancel culture, don't want more insanely constricting COVID regulations (beyond sensible regulations such as more testing), and don't want more infringement on our second amendment rights.
But I also don't want more tax cuts for the super rich, more corporate corruption, more environmental deregulation, more gutting of social services and public healthcare, don't want massive border and immigration intrusion that Trump and the Republicans like.
Plus while I'm very concerned about the issue in the first group, there's really not much Trump can do to stop all of that because much of it is put forth by private groups. Trumpers are foolish to believe that Mt. Rushmore speech where he basically promises an end to that if he's reelected.
So really, if I'm not even CONSIDER voting Turnip, why should I? What good really could come of it?
I'd leave this country, but now due to COVID border restrictions I can't.61 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 71Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 107Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 46Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
Because they exclude born lives.20 AnswersPolitics9 hours ago
- 147Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 262Upvotes of all answers in this question
“Americans harnessed electricity, split the atom, and gave the world the telephone and the internet. We settled the Wild West, won two World Wars, landed American Astronauts on the Moon—and one day soon, we will plant our flag on Mars!"
Americans did not invent the telephone, that was Alexander Grand Bell from Scotland.
Americans did not split the atom, that was Ernest Rutherford from New Zealand.
Americans did not invent the internet, that was Tim Berners-Lee from Britain.87 AnswersPolitics3 days ago
- 54Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 38Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 215Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 68Upvotes of all answers in this question31 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 29Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 9Upvotes of all answers in this question
i live in cali and everybody's really scared of the coronavirus even though it has less than a 1 percent deathrate. but things continue to be shut down, and vast majority of ppl I've talked to irl and on facebook etc believe things should be shut down and they're always sharing all the morbidities and patients w complications and comparing ti to HIV/AIDS. Which to me is not a fair comparison as HIV in the 80s before treatment became widely available was always a death sentence leading to AIDS, but covid does not always or even most times lead to death and complications. sometimes i think ppl want it to be deadly bc they don't want to go back to regular life and living and enjoy things being shutdown. thoughts?16 AnswersPsychology1 day ago