- 29Upvotes of all answers in this question13 AnswersPolitics11 hours ago
- 60Upvotes of all answers in this question15 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 25Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
That's a pretty big fee, I don't get it.
I pay a lot of things online. With some transactions, the bank sends an *actual, physical check* to the recipient, but most are electronic transfers. Neither one costs *me* anything.
Using a debit card does cost the business / store / recipient a fee which is why many businesses have / had $5 minimums on debit transactions (though I've noticed some local businesses have dropped that requirement so they don't have to handle cash during the pandemic). I can pay my property taxes to the town by debit card, but there is a 3% processing fee. My tax preparer still takes checks, because he doesn't want the hassle of charging the fee or raising his rates to cover it.
Years ago, I started to write a check and was told the business didn't take checks, but would accept a debit card. "Checks bounce, debit cards tell you right away if there's a balance in the account," the woman said. In fact, a friend of mine was checking out at the grocery store the other day and discovered the automatic deposit that *should have* gone in that day had not. Embarrassing.
I write maybe a dozen checks a year.
Your bank is ripping it's customers off, but you've found a satisfactory work-around.13 AnswersRenting & Real Estate13 hours ago
- 202Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 26Upvotes of all answers in this question14 AnswersPolitics47 mins ago
- 6Upvotes of all answers in this question
It sounds like he did not know up from down during the virus crisis and his dealing with younger women on the job has been questionable.8 AnswersPolitics5 hours ago
- 72Upvotes of all answers in this question
Actually it’s 1.9 trillion to be fair37 AnswersPolitics18 hours ago
- 732Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 302Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
You no doubt have your mind already made up. As does everyone regarding politics, they don't care what is right or wrong no matter what. The difference between Biden and Trump is in the action with trump he targeted a specific person, in that of killing of General Suleimani. Biden was acting on the attacks of our American soldiers. Sometimes you need to just act quick and effectively. Protecting our American troops should always be front and center.
My feeling on these matters is that it's best left up to our Intelligence. There will forever be animosity between Republicans and Democrats with each side thinking they are right and can do it better and the public being their cheerleaders. It's been like that since the beginning of politics. We as civilians actually don't know anything regarding this stuff, as it should be. All we can offer up is a lot of armchair opinions. The United States Intelligence Community is a group of separate United States government intelligence agencies and subordinate organizations, that work separately and together to conduct intelligence activities to support the foreign policy and national security of the United States so let them do the job we hired them to do. If more people would leave their bias buried they may learn that both our presidents did what they felt was best at the time.70 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 461Upvotes of all answers in this question
What do you say ?124 AnswersPolitics3 days ago
- 77Upvotes of all answers in this question22 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 181Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
Liberals get cancelled when they venture outside of groupthink.
J.K. Rowling and Graham Linehan are two examples.43 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 12Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 98Upvotes of all answers in this question32 AnswersGlobal Warming17 hours ago
- 53Upvotes of all answers in this question
Don't you understand that it would mean people would have more money to spend at the same businesses you claim would suffer because of it? Let's say I owned a barber shop right next to a grocery store. Raising the minimum wage would mean that both businesses would do better because my employees would have more money to spend next door and vice versa! 🤷🏾♂️32 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 50Upvotes of all answers in this question58 AnswersGender Studies3 days ago
- 57Upvotes of all answers in this question33 AnswersHistory2 days ago
- 16Upvotes of all answers in this question