- 407Upvotes of all answers in this question93 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 299Upvotes of all answers in this question55 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 19Upvotes of all answers in this question11 AnswersPolitics2 hours ago
- 6Upvotes of all answers in this question
What happens when people 65+ run up medical bills but don't pay the 20% Medicare doesn't pay? Does the govt OR providers cut you off?
With regular insurance, you can't use the same providers (hospital, doctor) with uncovered bills left unpaid. Is it the same way with Medicare? Assume a person doesn't have a supplemental plan paying the 20%, due to those premiums being just as expensive as the premiums for ObamaCare, even after subsidies. The same question could be asked for Medicaid, but I don't know what % Medicaid covers. It could be more than 80% for all I know.5 AnswersInsurance1 day ago
- 43Upvotes of all answers in this question
What's the point of the U.S. government protecting gold in heavily guarded installations, if gold does not back the dollar?
If the U.S. dollar is a fiat currency that's NOT backed by gold, then why is gold guarded in various military installations in the U.S.? Pres. Nixon "knew" that there weren't enough precious metals to back American currency. So he took us off the gold standard in 1971. Why not store "expensive jewels" and "luxury sedans" in Fort Knox, in addition to gold, if in fact precious metals do not back the dollar? Anything "valuable" could be kept in these installations.25 AnswersPolitics3 days ago
- 999+Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 415Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 814Upvotes of all answers in this question85 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 169Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 125Upvotes of all answers in this question
What group of people have watermelon, fried chicken, cornbread, collard greens, chitlins, and cherry-flavored Kool-Aid for Christmas dinner?
Rather than the more traditional turkey, ham, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc?25 AnswersBooks & Authors12 hours ago
- 144Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 164Upvotes of all answers in this question56 AnswersNewborn & Baby3 days ago
- 40Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 86Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 67Upvotes of all answers in this question
Biden is worse than that dummy Obama.27 AnswersPolitics15 hours ago
- 12Upvotes of all answers in this question
The news always make it look like women are the primary victims of domestic violence, whether it's in America, the west or developing countries.22 AnswersGender Studies2 days ago
- 19Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 70Upvotes of all answers in this question
I don't think my vote even got counted for Trump. I strongly feel that way.23 AnswersPolitics6 hours ago
- 105Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
They were not really against it. In fact, in the past Republicans have done way more mail in voting than Democrats. This time they were just obeying what Trump was telling them to believe.
The real question should be why was Trump so against mail in ballots with the pandemic raging, knowing that reasonable people would tend to not want to jeopardize their health and life by voting in person if alternatives existed.
Remember, Trump all along did all he could to help the virus spread as much as possible. So my conclusion is that his plan all along was to have a virus catastrophe going on around election time and have many voters who are scared of the virus stay home and not vote, while he encouraged the most uninformed and idiotic uneducated Americans (Trump supporters) to go out and vote in person.
That pincer movement was designed to help Trump easily get reelected.
When mail in ballot was introduced as the plan to have voters vote safely from home, Trump became very angry and vilified it and even had the post office try to disrupt mail around election time to help Trump, but Trump lost anyway because he was very unpopular....especially due to many Americans seeing him as a threat to their lives and the lives of their loved ones. To them it was literally vote for Biden if you want to live !36 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 16Upvotes of all answers in this question