- 28Upvotes of all answers in this question7 AnswersPolitics9 hours ago
- 47Upvotes of all answers in this question15 AnswersPolitics4 days ago
- 131Upvotes of all answers in this question23 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 11Upvotes of all answers in this question
They're worshipping a golden Trump at CPAC. What's up with that?8 AnswersPolitics12 hours ago
- 37Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
That's a pretty big fee, I don't get it.
I pay a lot of things online. With some transactions, the bank sends an *actual, physical check* to the recipient, but most are electronic transfers. Neither one costs *me* anything.
Using a debit card does cost the business / store / recipient a fee which is why many businesses have / had $5 minimums on debit transactions (though I've noticed some local businesses have dropped that requirement so they don't have to handle cash during the pandemic). I can pay my property taxes to the town by debit card, but there is a 3% processing fee. My tax preparer still takes checks, because he doesn't want the hassle of charging the fee or raising his rates to cover it.
Years ago, I started to write a check and was told the business didn't take checks, but would accept a debit card. "Checks bounce, debit cards tell you right away if there's a balance in the account," the woman said. In fact, a friend of mine was checking out at the grocery store the other day and discovered the automatic deposit that *should have* gone in that day had not. Embarrassing.
I write maybe a dozen checks a year.
Your bank is ripping it's customers off, but you've found a satisfactory work-around.16 AnswersRenting & Real Estate1 day ago
- 275Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 192Upvotes of all answers in this question35 AnswersPolitics14 hours ago
- 73Upvotes of all answers in this question
A private school teacher’s salary is about 10k less than a public school teacher’s salary27 AnswersPolitics13 hours ago
- 43Upvotes of all answers in this question
Did democrats found the KKK to go after blacks or to go after white republicans who supported blacks?
I’ve read both. Which was the main reason?13 AnswersPolitics12 hours ago
- 43Upvotes of all answers in this question
It sounds like he did not know up from down during the virus crisis and his dealing with younger women on the job has been questionable.25 AnswersPolitics19 hours ago
- 164Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
It is coming from your future and your grand children's future.62 AnswersPolitics1 day ago
- 15Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 10Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 86Upvotes of all answers in this question24 AnswersPolitics2 days ago
- 28Upvotes of all answers in this question
If not, why..?26 AnswersInsurance & Registration1 day ago
- 61Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 741Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 468Upvotes of all answers in this question
What do you say ?126 AnswersPolitics4 days ago
- 22Upvotes of all answers in this question
- 302Upvotes of all answers in this questionFavorite Answer:
You no doubt have your mind already made up. As does everyone regarding politics, they don't care what is right or wrong no matter what. The difference between Biden and Trump is in the action with trump he targeted a specific person, in that of killing of General Suleimani. Biden was acting on the attacks of our American soldiers. Sometimes you need to just act quick and effectively. Protecting our American troops should always be front and center.
My feeling on these matters is that it's best left up to our Intelligence. There will forever be animosity between Republicans and Democrats with each side thinking they are right and can do it better and the public being their cheerleaders. It's been like that since the beginning of politics. We as civilians actually don't know anything regarding this stuff, as it should be. All we can offer up is a lot of armchair opinions. The United States Intelligence Community is a group of separate United States government intelligence agencies and subordinate organizations, that work separately and together to conduct intelligence activities to support the foreign policy and national security of the United States so let them do the job we hired them to do. If more people would leave their bias buried they may learn that both our presidents did what they felt was best at the time.71 AnswersPolitics3 days ago